• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FInally picked a truck

Church

Mar 29, 2022
Truck Year
First off, thank you for all the help in the previous thread I started. I found a truck a few weeks back and decided to get it. I got a 2015 ED with right at 100k miles on it. So far I have enjoyed it. I installed the GDE tune the third day I had it, changed the oil, filter and fuel filter just to be safe. Next plan is Diff fluid and transmission fluid and pan. I'm trying my best to do what I can to limit my chances of having any issues. After I get 7k on the truck I'm going to change the oil again and send a sample off for testing. Couple weeks back I pulled my bass boat three hours to pickwick and got a little over 20mpg (Dash readout) so I was beyond pleased with that because that's what this truck will be doing mostly. I plan on checking the map sensor out and probably cleaning the EGR tube just so I can keep tabs on the soot after the GDE was installed. Anyone have any other recommendations for service?

Attachments

• Truck.jpg
    Truck.jpg
    624.6 KB · Views: 5

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
First off, thank you for all the help in the previous thread I started. I found a truck a few weeks back and decided to get it. I got a 2015 ED with right at 100k miles on it. So far I have enjoyed it. I installed the GDE tune the third day I had it, changed the oil, filter and fuel filter just to be safe. Next plan is Diff fluid and transmission fluid and pan. I'm trying my best to do what I can to limit my chances of having any issues. After I get 7k on the truck I'm going to change the oil again and send a sample off for testing. Couple weeks back I pulled my bass boat three hours to pickwick and got a little over 20mpg (Dash readout) so I was beyond pleased with that because that's what this truck will be doing mostly. I plan on checking the map sensor out and probably cleaning the EGR tube just so I can keep tabs on the soot after the GDE was installed. Anyone have any other recommendations for service?
Congratulations. I presently have 169K on the clock. You do not mention if it was a 4x4 or not but when you change the rear diff oil also change the front diff oil. Keep a watch on the air filter. I get an oil analysis at each oil change on all my diesels, good move. We always hand calculate the fuel mileage to verify the computer as it varies in efficiency. We are still quite pleased with mileage. Since I rebuilt the rear diff I am back to 24/25mpg at 75mph. I stopped pulling our toy hauler RV when my wife traded to a 9K lb unit, so the little RAM is relegated to motorcycle trailer and flat bed for lawn mower and brush. The move to GDE is a great move as my experience is that the tune lowered my oil and water temp more than the external oil cooler which later failed. I just changed my original AGM battery after 8 years of use.

The smoothest quietest ride I have ever experienced.

Good luck and enjoy.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
It sounds like you have a great plan! That is a solid maintenance and monitoring plan. Hope you have great luck with your truck.... now for those pics..