• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

First Road Trip

W.D.H.

Nov 9, 2016
Truck Year
November 19th I'm heading from the North East portion of W.I. with family on our first road trip back to visit family in Jersey. Engine is new less than 1k miles, I suppose since I'm new to the dark side having been a Ford gas truck owner for 33 years do you have any advice. I'm a disabled grunt with limited use of my legs (run Forest run) and would hate like hell to be stuck on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. Any pointers of things I should be actively watching for??? at this stage of life I no longer like surprises...

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
If you run into cold weather and frost covered or snowy roads, be very careful with the cruise control. I strongly discourage cruise control use in the winter months. The diesels have incredible torque and when in 2WD it doesnt take much traction loss to get those wheels spinning.

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
November 19th I'm heading from the North East portion of W.I. with family on our first road trip back to visit family in Jersey. Engine is new less than 1k miles, I suppose since I'm new to the dark side having been a Ford gas truck owner for 33 years do you have any advice. I'm a disabled grunt with limited use of my legs (run Forest run) and would hate like hell to be stuck on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. Any pointers of things I should be actively watching for??? at this stage of life I no longer like surprises...

I would take an extra fuel filter incase you get a bad tank of fuel and the tools to replace it just in case. otherwise pray the ecodiesel makes it through. most have no issues!

W.D.H.

Nov 9, 2016
Truck Year
Excellent idea, I'm surprised that I didn't think of that. Starting to think I'm loosing my marbles.