• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

First things to do..battery blanket removal..foam insulation on engine

dakarm34

Aug 28, 2015
Truck Year
i heard that the battery blanket kills the battery quicker since it can't breath, anyone have an opinion?

Also I wouldn't mind if it has some more diesel sound to it, anyone remove the drop on foam covers that is on top of their engines?

AzRamDiesel

Jan 2, 2014
The blankets are really there for the winter time to keep them warm right? I haven't really paid much attention to the foam to see if it can be removed or not.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Others on here recommend against taking off your engine foam as it is also there to keep temperatures up in certain areas to help the egr system etc.

WesMgc

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
Others on here recommend against taking off your engine foam as it is also there to keep temperatures up in certain areas to help the egr system etc.
Yes I also saw that post I think it was Shawn that updated us all on way that foam was there.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
The battery is an agm so it doesn't need to "breath" it's perfectly fine

diesel power 2014

Oct 3, 2015
Truck Year
Everything is there for a reason.The foam really is to absorb sound.The cover on the battery is to insulate and
protect the battery from heat.Batterys in good condition will fail faster than in the cold.

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
I ran my ECO with the cover off for a couple weeks this summer and could see no difference with it off. Sounded the same to me and I think the engine compartment looks neater with it on. I do not know any other person in my area that has an ECODIESEL, So different people ask me about it and want to see what the engine looks like.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I ran my ECO with the cover off for a couple weeks this summer and could see no difference with it off. Sounded the same to me and I think the engine compartment looks neater with it on. I do not know any other person in my area that has an ECODIESEL, So different people ask me about it and want to see what the engine looks like.

I think the OP is referring to the foam inserts on each side of the engine, not the engine cover.