• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Follow up to my last thread; (CEL's P2BA9(new) and P20EE(again))

AndyIRV

Nov 19, 2019
Truck Year
Looking to see if anyone else has had this issue since the recall update (allow the truck to operate in limp mode if tone ring delaminates)

A constant P20EE code. Truck has been at the dealer for over a week.
So far the dealer has replaced the cat drained and replaced all DEF fluid and a NOx sensor. After the sensor was replaced it went 17 miles before P20EE came back. Truck runs and drives normal. I'm told the tech is working with the engineers. As of last night they have no idea what's wrong with the truck. FCA will only pay for a loaner for 5 days.
When I read the scan tool the first repair suggestion was replace the injector. That has not been done.

Thank you for any help

AndyIRV

Nov 19, 2019
Truck Year
Well, just got the truck back. They drained and flushed the DEF tank, filled half full with new DEF and so far 50 miles with out a CEL.

Pip

Dec 17, 2021
Truck Year
Hello, this is my first time on this forum and thank you for all the information. We have a 2015 Ram 1500 ecodiesel that we purchased in June of 2021. It's been in with our diesel mechanic for the last 5 weeks. We have the exact same 2 codes. Check Engine Light is on with P2BA9 and P20EE codes. Truck has message on dash screen: 'Engine will not start in 300km Check DEF System See Dealer' Our mechanic has: cleaned the DEF injector and the port the injector goes into, in the SCR
changed the DEF fluid
installed a new DEF PUMP - $800
installed a new downstream NOX SENSOR - $400
sent the truck into his nearest Chrysler dealership and had a software flash reboot.
Total cost to this point $2000. All to no avail. Codes still persist
Truck has used up all of the 300 km and will no longer start. Mechanic has jumpered out the starter relay to be able to still start the truck and it will drive, but the problem needs to be fixed.
My mechanic has thrown up the white flag and we just picked our truck up last night. And still not fixed
We are very interested in hearing if you've had further problems with these codes returning. And what was done
Thank you

AndyIRV

Nov 19, 2019
Truck Year
After all the stated repairs were done the issue has been resolved. I wish I could add something else for you to try.

AndyIRV

Nov 19, 2019
Truck Year
The P2BA9 is for bad def. Do you add any distilled water? I tried that after some on this forum said the 2015 didn’t have a def quality sensor. It threw the code with in 50 miles. Changed the def and it went away.
it’s possible you had bad def and put in bad def again.

Pip

Dec 17, 2021
Truck Year
Thank you for your reply. My mechanic said he put new def fluid in when he installed the new def pump. But like you said could still be bad def. Or at least bad def still in the lines. Definitely thinking of draining tank again just to make sure.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
14-15 models don’t have def quality sensors if I recall correctly. You can run 50/50 def and distilled water. Honestly, a good tuner and missing parts will probably be the best solution. When emissions components start to fail, it’s a losing game.