• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Forced regens good for truck?

Dobzy

Dec 21, 2019
Truck Year
He guys I’m new to the sight ..I’m a mechanic kinda got out of the trade but I still do some side work .. anyways I have a 600$ launch scan tool that will do forced regenerations just wondering if u were to do this once in awhile if it’s help keep it clean for u !?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Is a stationary, forced regen any different than an on-road regeneration?

John

Nov 13, 2015
He guys I’m new to the sight ..I’m a mechanic kinda got out of the trade but I still do some side work .. anyways I have a 600$ launch scan tool that will do forced regenerations just wondering if u were to do this once in awhile if it’s help keep it clean for u !?
Only necessary when the active regens don't complete and the DPF soot reaches a critical level. The $50.00 AlphaOBD can also do forced regens for anyone in need.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH REGENERATION is it dumps a lot of fuel in the engine and contaminates the oil and creates wear

Dobzy

Dec 21, 2019
Truck Year
I actually posted this on another post the guy didn’t drive his truck enough for it to regen ever so just thought a forced regen was better then nothing !

John

Nov 13, 2015
Well if the truck doesn't regen, it will reach 100% soot level and go into limp mode. The only option at that point is a forced regen. There are no other circumstances I'm aware of that would benefit from a forced regen.

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
That owner needs to plan on some extra driving to get the regen completed on a regular basis...

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Force Regen is equal to Active Regen, This process is done when conditions merit during Driving

Stationary de-soot , is just that, its more aggressive, It may take 2-3 Times to clean soot, Ash will accumulate over time.

I have been Stationary de-sooting vehicles for 12 years. IMO 2-3 Times yearly Stationary de-sooting will aid in less ash accumulation.

Also de-sooting helps (clean) turbo mechanism moving freely. In Ram Dsl engines, the D-max has DPF Injector downstream of turbo.

Yes I recommended doing de-sooting just prior to changing oil..