• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel Additives

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
Yeah I did have an independent lab do a test of various fuels around the city I live in, some leave a lot to be desired, but I won't condemn those brands or stations because some of them still had blended fuel when the test was done. We just had an incredibly mild winter. When I lived in Bozeman, MT there was a station that had B20 blended fuel and I'd usually try to run that, for no reason other than lubricity. I work in the oil industry, but I do realize the benefits of Bio diesel. Which is why I run schaeffers soy shield when I can't get Roadmaster, and even when I do get Roadmaster I will still put a bit of it in the tank.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
We spend the lots of Time in West Yellowstone during the winter, I volunteer to Do Grooming for the West Yellowstone Chamber of Commerce ,Know Bozeman well.
We Use Schaeffers Gear lube and I like most of their Products.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
Are you affiliated with the TC diesel that does injection pumps and things of that nature?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yes It Me Todd....

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
Nice, have had some friends run some of your stuff!

StevenB

Mar 30, 2016
Truck Year
I use Lucas oil 95% of my fills. I just buy a quart or gallon and keep 2 single tank fills in my door and refill them as needed. I average about 500+ miles per tank so I don't need to fill the two in my driver door very frequently. (Factory funnel stays there as well)
How much Lucas do you add to a full tank? Just what the bottle recommends? I loved the stuff in my old gas truck...didnt think about adding it to my '15 Eco

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
How much Lucas do you add to a full tank? Just what the bottle recommends? I loved the stuff in my old gas truck...didnt think about adding it to my '15 Eco
I use the single use bottles each fill. I usually fill from a quarter tank or so. Sometimes run a little lower sometimes higher. I keep two single tank bottles in my door and a quart and a gallon at home to refill as necessary. Figuring two tanks is the longest of out of town weekend adventures it works out great for me.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Back when I had my 1999 dodge with the 24v cummins I tried every diesel additive I could find and the only two that "fixed my issue, sticking advance cam in the vp44) were Amsoil and 2 stroke oil. Now I wouldn't recommend adding 2 stroke oil to our trucks fuel, so I can only recommend one product, Amsoil.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
Check out Archoil AR6200. Visit the website and watch some youtube videos. It's an extremely compelling product and I think I'm going to give it a try. Full disclosure: I have used the AR9100 oil additive for years. Good stuff.

Ramecodiesel3500

Jun 25, 2016
Truck Year
Which fuel additives if any are you using?
The best oil's are Amsoil ! Had A 1999 24V Turbo diesel for 17 years and it was as strong as ever i put everything on Amsoil . You can go almost 3 times longer than dealer specs and save a fortune on labor and be overkill if you change yearly and get better mileage and spoil your truck at the same time ! Syntheticwarehouse.com no membership and free shipping ask for Chet .