• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel filter

jomac0321

Jul 10, 2023
Truck Year
I changed the fuel filter for the first time on the 2015 Ram ecodiesel I bought a few months ago. Whoever changed it before me had put a aftermarket pleated filter in instead of oem. Fortunately it didn’t balloon and hadn’t been in to long because it was still a light grayish color. In the bottom of the housing there was what seemed to be debris and maybe a couple of shavings, it was hard to tell I couldn’t get a shop towel in to wipe them up with the clips in the way so I washed it out with clean fuel. Is this normal to see a certain amount of debris in the bottom of the housing or is this a early sign of cp4 trouble?
Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• IMG_3154.jpeg
    IMG_3154.jpeg
    245.8 KB · Views: 6

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I am happy to say I have never had any debris in mine.
Changed every 15000 miles with only OEM filters.

jomac0321

Jul 10, 2023
Truck Year
It looked more like debris than shavings, it wasn’t really shiny. I pulled apart the filter and there wasn’t any shavings in it, and when I changed the filter I used a bag over the housing and caught all the fuel in it, and there was a lot of debris in it so I’m hoping that’s all it was.