• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel leak after turbo coolant line replacement

Afrenock

Sep 10, 2021
Truck Year
Just replaced the coolant line under the manifold, buttoned everything up and now I have no start and fuel down the bellhousing. I had cracked all the lines to bleed, but everything is tight now. Seems to be when high pressure pump comes on during cranking, not just with key on for lift pump.

Tradeskilz1

Mar 8, 2023
Truck Year
Just replaced the coolant line under the manifold, buttoned everything up and now I have no start and fuel down the bellhousing. I had cracked all the lines to bleed, but everything is tight now. Seems to be when high pressure pump comes on during cranking, not just with key on for lift pump.
Had the same problem ended up replacing the metal fuel line that connects the driver side injectors to the passenger side at the intake tricky to replace but not too bad just be sure to use a line wrench ! I made one out of a box wrench . The lines break sometimes from vibration I was told . $151 for the new line from Mopar dealership .

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
The dealer replaced my turbo coolant line last year. This summer we began smelling diesel fuel occasionally through vents. Then an acrid smell when coming to a stop. Progressively got worse, finally had a small puddle of diesel under the truck while parked for four hours, while out of town, upon return to home parked the 1500 in the shop and drove the 2500 (RAM as well) until I had time to work on it. Down time during Thanksgiving, found two injectors leaking on passenger side. (188K plus change), not a big deal have seen injectors leak before, just on a Cummins the injectors are under the rocker cover and if they leak it contaminates the engine oil. (I do an Oil Analysis at each oil change.) Fixed those two with new crush washers, but still have fuel pouring down the bell housing when motor is running, cross over fuel line from passenger side to driver side fuel rail is leaking. Now looking for a reasonably priced replacement, two actually, since I just replaced my wife's Jeep GC intake manifold last month. It would seem this is one of those common issues.

One very important note. Leaking diesel fuel running down the engine is a serious issue that needs to be addressed quickly. The flashpoint of diesel fuel, depending on grade mixture and additives, is between 128 and 158 degrees F. My acrid smell was due to fuel running down the exhaust manifold as well as spraying onto the SCR. This system can run as high as 1,300 degrees F so sufficient fuel with sufficient heat will result in combustion. Not a good time.