• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel Line Check Valve

Grim

Dec 14, 2016
Truck Year
Noticed a couple of small recently deposited spots of liquid on the driveway under the fuel filler pipe area. Looked around and found a couple of older stains in the drive in the same pattern as the fresh ones. I reached underneath the truck and my hand came back wet with diesel fuel. I drove to the dealership and was told that a fuel Line check valve was bad and that I needed to bring the truck back on Tuesday so they can fix the valve and replace the fuel tank. Truck is a 2016 eco with 6800 miles. They said they needed to order the parts. Has anyone else experienced this?

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year
No, but I found out if you over fill it, it will spill out of the fender in front of the wheel well housing!!!! OOPS!!

Grim

Dec 14, 2016
Truck Year
No, but I found out if you over fill it, it will spill out of the fender in front of the wheel well housing!!!! OOPS!!

That's where the fuel is leaking from mine, but it is a result of the bad valve. I'll be glad when it's fixed.

Grim

Dec 14, 2016
Truck Year
Turns out source of the leak was back pressure from the fuel tank. Dealership replaced the tank which seems to have fixed the problem. So far so good. Service tech said something about removing the fuel filler cap and placing it back on three times immediately after fill up. I am guessing that helps clear filler neck?