• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel Particulate Filter

gofishingup

Sep 2, 2019
Truck Year
My 2016 Dodge Eco Diesel is back at the dealership yet again. This time it is a fuel particulate filter that needs to be replaced. I'm just under 80,000 miles and was told by the dealership that is is under warranty to 80,000. I thought after they were flashed that the warranty was longer on this particular item? I was told the part alone is in the neighborhood of $1,500 not including labor to install.

To date, on warranty work, if I had to pay for it I would be out of pocket roughly $18,000. That's a 2016 that's under 80,000 miles.

If anyone is considering buying this diesel truck, DON'T DO IT. If you don't listen to that, make sure you buy one with a warranty and get rid of it before the warranty expires.

Having it tuned is another option but that cost money and you likely will void your warranty.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
The dpf (diesel particulate filter) is in the exhaust system and it is only covered to 70k I believe. There was a thread about the warranty period for that recently. Tuning is 1500 ish all said and done and if you are almost out of the warranty anyways then go for it.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
How much of that warranty work was on emission related parts?

gofishingup

Sep 2, 2019
Truck Year
100% of it was on emissions related items. One of the big items was that a hole melted in the intake manifold and almost caught the truck on fire. The truck was in the shop for over two weeks for that repair. Sadly, the mechanic that did the repair said to expect to have the same thing happen again at about 120,000-140,000 miles, when it's out of warranty. He said that is what he is seeing with this type repair. He said the manifold is not metal and is a composite material and it cannot take the heat but they never addressed this, they just replace it with the same old composite manifold. I have not seen this issue discussed anywhere. I don't plan on have the truck that long to see if it's true as I plan on replacing it within the year.

The truck itself, I'm happy with and would probably purchase another one BUT NO WAY WOULD I EVER PURCHASE ANY VEHICLE WITH THIS 3.0 ECO DIESEL IN IT. THE MOTOR IS COMPLETE CRAP!!!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep...gofishingup, Their are the naysayers but in the end, at some point the 3.0VM sucks on your Bank account into 1000s in long term ownership in DD Use. HWY use reduces the risk considerably and missing parts is mandatory in long term ownership.