• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel tank will not prime. Turn key on nothing?

dnavarroj

Feb 22, 2024
Truck Year
Dealer told me lift pump was bad. Replaced lift pump. Still the tank will not pressurize. Installed a new delphi pump. Key turned on no noise/squealing sound or nothing coming from tank. Per dealer , i am getting power to harness to lift pump. Is there a relay/fuse? Something im missing?

Attachments

• IMG_9919.jpeg
    IMG_9919.jpeg
    415.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9920.jpeg
    IMG_9920.jpeg
    310.1 KB · Views: 5

SeanPwnery

Nov 30, 2022
Truck Year
I had something similar happen a little over a year ago. I literally told them "I have no power to the pump, I can't hear it" - they tried to sell me $15,000 dollars in an entire new fuel system. My warranty wouldn't cover it either because they claimed "contamination" - I allowed them to change my lift pump, HPFP, the filter housing/heater, and even the TIPM unit under the hood - mostly for my own peace of mind. They also bilked me for a new battery north of 5-hundo. Long story short, the day I went to pick it up, it did the exact same thing I brought it in for, so they got $5800 from me, and I filed a complaint with FCA that went unanswered.

My rig sat in my driveway for 13 months after that languishing away, making payments, keeping insurance up on it ... I was pretty pissed.

Turns out the problem the entire time for my rig was the wire from the TIPM to the fuel pump itself - the one that runs down the driver's side frame-rail. There was a break in it somewhere. My neighbor who has worked on heavy equipment for nearly 40 years, ended my 13 month downtime in literally 35 minutes with $7-dollars worth of wire. It's been a while since I had the repair done, but I think he said it was a pink wire that ran down the entire frame. I'll have to look. We replaced it with a fresh 18-gauge wire and I've put on about 2500 miles on it since with zero issues.

Maybe you'll get lucky with a similar poking around with a power-probe like I did.