• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GDE ECM 2016

Marcxs

Jan 10, 2018
Truck Year
Just went back to gasoline
I know im a quitter. Life took over
It was time.
2016 ecodiesel gde ecm not the stock one.
That went with the truck.
High idle
3.92 Axel Ratio
Make a offer. It's a paperweight right now
PM offers thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210831-174836_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210831-174836_Gmail.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 7

EARL99208

Jul 7, 2021
Truck Year
Correct me if I'm wrong. You can only use that ECM with the VIN of the truck it was originally programed for. How exactly is that going to help anyone that buys this?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I want to say yes, but if you ever take your truck to the dealer, you will want to put your factory ecu back so you don’t lose your tune or changed settings that were made in alfaobd

Marcxs

Jan 10, 2018
Truck Year
Yes I would and frequently did switch back to stock ecm when getting service work done at dealer.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Marcxs, You still have this over 3 months later? Members If you own the 3.0VM you need to consider this, Its Pre AEM and and not available today.

I understand this is ECM with Pre AEM tuning, Just Buy Alfa/MX and program VIN and Gear-R.

Just use caution when removing /installing read up on the ALFA and done, Warranty is a NON-issue at the level the 3.0VM OEM setup in long term ownership will cost the owners.

Marcxs

Jan 10, 2018
Truck Year
Marcxs, You still have this over 3 months later? Members If you own the 3.0VM you need to consider this, Its Pre AEM and and not available today.

I understand this is ECM with Pre AEM tuning, Just Buy Alfa/MX and program VIN and Gear-R.

Just use caution when removing /installing read up on the ALFA and done, Warranty is a NON-issue at the level the 3.0VM OEM setup in long term ownership will cost the owners.
I just sold the ecodiesel last week was running this gde hot tune flawlessly till then.

Al T

May 17, 2021
Truck Year

Not sure how you can change the gear ratio in the ECU with Alpha old I don't think it's possible. I am running one with 3.55 ratio in the ECU (tuned) and the truck has 3.92 gears and it works well no problems with the cruise or tow/haul mode.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
AI , I have never tried it on ED, Have change changed Tire and pinion ratio in other Rams with Alfa. Its available in WITECH options and generally ALFA has the same ability as WITECH. WITECH has Key, sales code, options, Flash changes ALFA does not.