• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GDE emission compliant tune

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
For years the VM 3.0 use in all Ram Diesel have been plague with issue. The most problematic is the EGR. The OEM operating system is ONE of the most dirty Tune I've ever seen, It don't take long before the plenum is soot-up causing all sorts of problems and codes that seem in some cases endless. I recently had one owner contact me He sent pictures of how soot-up his plenum was, and I recommended to replace it, in addition purchase GDE compliant tune 12k miles later he sent me pictures of the intake side of the plenum, I could not believe how clean it was, just a film of soot on his plenum and the disfuser tube was cleaned with brake cleaner and compressed air. IMO if you are going to keep Your VM.30 this tune is required in long term ownership along with a steady diet of OAs, What's a steady diet of OAs ,once a year or so if everything turns up good. The fumoto Valve is my preferred method, because you can take the sample with ease when running.

Likely a heated discussion is going to develop on this, If you cannot put you're manly keystrokes in use just add this thread to your ignore list, otherwise enjoy the debate, you are going to see the truth about the EPA/API and how screw up Most GOV agency are along with their primary contributors. Boostn will likely allow this debate if it gets out of hand Boostn will likely jump in.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Here's my experience
2016 Ram Ecodiesel Regen Intervals:
Stock Intervals = 60-90 miles local driving. 100-150 miles hiway
Pre-Ban GDE Intervals = 100-120 miles local driving. 600-800 miles hiway
SFT Tuned Intervals = 190 miles. Local driving
MRT Tuned Intervals = 131 miles. Local driving

3/21 GDE forum post
The GDE tune will regen once every 200-600 miles depending on driving conditions.
200 miles in pure city driving, 600 miles pure highway cruising.
For comparison, stock regens once every 50-200 for same conditions.

Still hoping GDE gets CARB approval