• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

gde hot tune

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome.. have quick search here. A few different tuning options but it really wakes up the EcoDiesel and allows some other benefits that you can read all about ;).

jcj1576

May 6, 2018
Truck Year
I had my AEM completed a couple weeks ago, and I'm expecting $2400 back from the settlement. This will more than pay for the GDE hot tune I literally just installed in my truck. Total install time was less than an hour followed by 5 minute adaptation process. After starting it up, I had to execute a regen and while driving the truck I was IMMEDIATELY impressed with the lack of turbo lag, responsiveness, and smooth shifting. It is NIGHT AND DAY different than my post-AEM performance. I only have about 15 miles on it since the tune install, but I am pretty geeked out about the future of this truck.

I also purchased the trans tune, and I plan to flash it later this afternoon. I will update after this is complete.

paulm37

Jun 10, 2019
Truck Year
Any updates on the tune. I'm looking to do both engine and transmission tune.

jcj1576

May 6, 2018
Truck Year
I am absolutely satisfied with the investment in these tunes and they are exceeding my expectations. The improvement in driveability, response, and performance is extraordinary to me. The main drivers for my purchasing the tunes was realization of the stated mpg as well as overall longevity resulting from no longer having a hose running from the butt of the motor to its mouth. My oil is clean, my intake is clean (replaced in March), and the truck drives like a champ. Yesterday I drove a 160 mile round trip from western IA to Des Moines, IA and back, and I averaged 30.1 mpg going 59 and 69 in 55 and 65 mph zones over slightly rolling terrain. Last week I averaged 23 mpg while trailering my 17' deep V Lund boat on 2 separate outings in hilly southern IA.

The 13k miles prior to having the tunes installed, I averaged 22.3 mpg combined according to my trip "B" on the console. The results speak for themselves at this point, and I couldn't be happier.