• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GDE is correct on this

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You are on a different scale comparing powerplants to automobiles. We look at a gram/mile basis for emissions and the Ram makes about 0.05 gram/mile of NOx and 500 gram/mile of CO2. The NOx is miniscule compared to CO2. Nox from vehicles is not affecting ozone as it is at ground level. Power plants push emission plumes into the upper atmosphere where it can mix with VOC to mess with the ozone. Granted, NOx can be a breathing irritant and I have read the few studies on it. What is interesting, breathing issues in the US do not correlate to NOx generation strongly, ie. not much relation. However, track breathing issues with the pollen season and you see a very strong correlation between those two. I am saying, pollen has a much worse effect on humans than NOx in reality. Keep in mind, when you make CO2 it is a stable compound and with us for about 300 year half-life. NOx is a an unstable compound and breaks down to N and O within minutes to hours, it has about a 1.5 day half-life. FYI, lightning makes more NOx than cars do on a yearly basis.

CO2 is a much bigger issue on this planet than NOx. Only CO2 is accumulating over time. We had the NOx issue taken care of around 2001 based on emission regs in force at that time.

TC Diesel
When I had the state Fuel analyzer installed on My 2015 Ecodiesel VM 3.0 this was exactly what I found.
It was getting =/- PPM above this when I ran 90% Distilled water and 10% Urea. The EPA and CARB are beyond caring about the environment.. Both GOV agency are corrupted by the Political idiots now in power. Yep its just the same as face diapers believing that its possible to stop Viruses that are 1 nanometer in dia, that's 300 to 500 times smaller then a micron.

If you want to really consider NOx? compare 1 lighting Storm NOx to 27 million Diesels at current levels for just one Day at WOT. Diesel have very little impact compare to earth Eco system that creates NOx every Day.