• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GDE Performance before and after testing

Eco Dado

Sep 17, 2018
Truck Year
Hi guys I'm new to this forum and I was wondering does gde avoids warranty.
my truck has 10000 kilometers and I would like to keep power train warranty.
Thanks

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Harley, I have always been a K&N guy. I've used their air filters and oil filters in all my vehicles. I have done a lot of research in the last month since I bought my ED. One of the alarming things that I've read is that oil analysis results from trucks using the K&N air filter showed high silica content. It does make sense that a high flow air filter would allow more particles through. I don't know if this is true, but it made enough sense to me that I am sticking with the regular air filter. Do your own research...

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1096766
I know it has been a minute since this post, but I wanted to weigh in. First and foremost a disclaimer, I have used K&N air filters on all my street machines for years and all my professional racing motorcycles also for years. Also for years I have been reading Laboratory tests after Laboratory test along with anecdotal evidence that more dirt passes through a K&N air filter than a "Stock paper element filter" or "Oiled foam filters" or "Dry high density foam filters". I stayed with K&N based on wear or lack of wear in my professional racing engines and my transport engines running in excess of 300K miles, even in the 70's when I was rebuilding worn out small block chevy's at 100K, my present 95 Z71 with 399K on the clock with a K&N air filter. So I now read with great interest the newest reports of high Silicone content in the oil as a result of excess dirt passing thru a Oiled Cloth Mesh type air filter. So when I had the opportunity to compare side by side in exactly the same driving conditions the oil analysis of the same engine type and oil type with Oiled Cloth Mesh Filters vs. Stock Paper Element Filters I did it. So the vehicles, my 2014 RAM eco equipped with a "Oiled Cloth Mesh type air filter" and my wife's 2015 JEEP GC eco, equipped with the stock "Paper Construction air filter". I change the oil and take Oil Analysis in both vehicles, vehicles drive the same roads, same weather, same motor oil, same fuel, same additives, and lo and behold the Silicone content is actually lower in my 2014 RAM eco than my wife's 2015 JEEP GC. The biggest thing I take away is the possibility that the Air Filter type may not have anything to do with the increase or decrease in Silicone content in the oil. Also I have noted a reduction in Silicone content in my wife's eco over three OA with no change in Air Filter type. So I echo do your own research.