• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GDE Tune and pending W58 Recall FYI

Barney556180

Oct 7, 2020
Truck Year
Passing this on FYI.
Several months ago I got a Green Diesel Engineering Hot Tune on my 2014 BH Quad cab (very pleased with it). I'm waiting and concerned (along with everyone else) about how the pending W58 dealer ECM update will affect the HT.

I contacted GDE on the W58 flash:
At some point (presumably) FCA will deliver the pending W58 recall. I’ll restore the original ECM tune before going to the dealer for the update.
Do you know if I’ll be able to re-flash your HT after the dealer updates the OEM tune, or will you need to re-jigger my tune first?

They responded:
The recall puts new software in the ECM. We won’t have access to that software until it is released so we wouldn’t rush to get it. We won’t be able to update you for at least 4 weeks once we see the software ourselves.

I'll wait for GDE to digest and update their tune before getting the W58.

rallyedave

Aug 4, 2021
Truck Year
Passing this on FYI.
Several months ago I got a Green Diesel Engineering Hot Tune on my 2014 BH Quad cab (very pleased with it). I'm waiting and concerned (along with everyone else) about how the pending W58 dealer ECM update will affect the HT.

I contacted GDE on the W58 flash:
At some point (presumably) FCA will deliver the pending W58 recall. I’ll restore the original ECM tune before going to the dealer for the update.
Do you know if I’ll be able to re-flash your HT after the dealer updates the OEM tune, or will you need to re-jigger my tune first?

They responded:
The recall puts new software in the ECM. We won’t have access to that software until it is released so we wouldn’t rush to get it. We won’t be able to update you for at least 4 weeks once we see the software ourselves.

I'll wait for GDE to digest and update their tune before getting the W58.
Anything new on the W58 recall affecting a GDE Tune ECM?