• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GDE Tune cost

Mentor1013

May 30, 2017
Truck Year
When I first researched the GDE tune for my 2016 RAM 1500 Eco diesel the cost was $1100.00 plus $10.00 insurance and $35.00 shipping for a total of $1135.00. I live in New Mexico and I did not see the state tax added to my intended purchase. I pulled it up on the GDE site today and was going to order when I noticed that $66.60 was added as a tax. Did all of you with the GDE tune who reside outside of Michigan also have to pay a state sales tax? Thanks to all of you for participating in this valuable forum.

Micahbarnard

Dec 25, 2020
Truck Year
Yes. I believe this is the case. Seems like a year or so ago the feds redid how out of state purchases work and now you always have to pay sales tax. Btw, GDE was offering a core refund if you sent your old ECU in. You may call them and ask about that. Seems like it was a sizable core charge. Maybe $600.

Mentor1013

May 30, 2017
Truck Year
Yes. I believe this is the case. Seems like a year or so ago the feds redid how out of state purchases work and now you always have to pay sales tax. Btw, GDE was offering a core refund if you sent your old ECU in. You may call them and ask about that. Seems like it was a sizable core charge. Maybe $600.
Thanks my friend for the information but I need to keep my ECU because I have the extended warranty on my vehicle and although it is a 2016 I only have 16,700 original miles on it. I have ordered the $1100.00 package that came to a total of $1142.00. GDE did not tax me for the product. I don't think I have to replace my ECU with the GDE product but I think it will reprogram my stock ECU. If I have to bring my truck in for warranty work or updates I will have to reprogram it back to stock mode settings otherwise I may void my remaining warranty. Did you buy the GDE tune also? If so was it difficult to use on your truck? Thanks again for your response. I expect to receive my GDE tune within the next 4 days. Happy New Year to you and your family, Dominick