• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GDE Won My Business The Old Fashioned Way, They Earned It.

Geico

Nov 9, 2022
Truck Year
After much research and communication with many of the big tune venders I made my decision to go with GDE. Some of the reasons why, in no particular order, are;
1. They invite walk in traffic. I literally went to their shop and they cloned and flashed a second PCM for the tune, and I have the original stock PCM & a hand held tuner if I need to switch back to stock for a trip to the dealer. That took an hour and I was out the door. I couldn’t take any pictures or I would have posted pictures of their shop. Clean, organized, well thought out. Impressive. GDE is here to stay. If you don’t want the hassle of down loading, up loading, and pulling PCMs they will do it for you 100%.
2. GDE is a full time, purpose dedicated, performance & development shop with amazing test equipment, product knowledge, product installation services, and several full time automotive engineers and employees. That are “Made in the USA” and available, that works for me.
3. They answered all of my questions both through email and they took phone calls! They explained things in terms even I could understood and helped me see and more importantly (for me) understand the big picture. Excellent customer service! They took the time to talk, and that is important to me. I want to know who I’m dealing with.
4. GDE is a developer of software tunes, not just a dealer or distributor selling someone else’s. If there is an issue I feel they can diagnose the problem and correct it faster that a distributor. I can literally talk to the guy writing the software and they can update their tuners with automatic updates if needed. Distributors can’t do that.
5. This is not a slam on any other “tuner” company or distributor. I chose the company with the best communication, support, facilities, and product to satisfy me and to ensure the highest resale value of my truck. I’m not a “go along to get along” kind of guy. If I ruffled any feathers I apologize. I’m old school and set in my ways.
6. GDE listens to customers, and they listened to my suggestions on how to improve their written instructions. I found a couple of minor errors in their written instructions that I didn’t make sense or I didn’t understand (due to my ignorance) and they walked me though the steps. I get it, I’m an old guy, but they took the time to listen and to correct instruction issues or correct me.

At the end of the day we are all trying to get as much out of the very expensive trucks we bought. I believe GDE will be here for the long haul helping us achieve that end. Are they perfect? No, no one is. Are they the best vendor for the products we are looking for? IMHO, yes.

Oh, the report on the tune? Stay “tuned”, (pun intended) I’ll do that after I have had a chance to drive the truck a couple thousand miles or so.

JMHO.

Zgrove8

Feb 21, 2023
Truck Year
What are your thoughts on having the GDE after having it for a couple months now? Interested but would like to see what your thoughts are.

2021Ram

Jan 15, 2023
Truck Year
After much research and communication with many of the big tune venders I made my decision to go with GDE. Some of the reasons why, in no particular order, are;
1. They invite walk in traffic. I literally went to their shop and they cloned and flashed a second PCM for the tune, and I have the original stock PCM & a hand held tuner if I need to switch back to stock for a trip to the dealer. That took an hour and I was out the door. I couldn’t take any pictures or I would have posted pictures of their shop. Clean, organized, well thought out. Impressive. GDE is here to stay. If you don’t want the hassle of down loading, up loading, and pulling PCMs they will do it for you 100%.
2. GDE is a full time, purpose dedicated, performance & development shop with amazing test equipment, product knowledge, product installation services, and several full time automotive engineers and employees. That are “Made in the USA” and available, that works for me.
3. They answered all of my questions both through email and they took phone calls! They explained things in terms even I could understood and helped me see and more importantly (for me) understand the big picture. Excellent customer service! They took the time to talk, and that is important to me. I want to know who I’m dealing with.
4. GDE is a developer of software tunes, not just a dealer or distributor selling someone else’s. If there is an issue I feel they can diagnose the problem and correct it faster that a distributor. I can literally talk to the guy writing the software and they can update their tuners with automatic updates if needed. Distributors can’t do that.
5. This is not a slam on any other “tuner” company or distributor. I chose the company with the best communication, support, facilities, and product to satisfy me and to ensure the highest resale value of my truck. I’m not a “go along to get along” kind of guy. If I ruffled any feathers I apologize. I’m old school and set in my ways.
6. GDE listens to customers, and they listened to my suggestions on how to improve their written instructions. I found a couple of minor errors in their written instructions that I didn’t make sense or I didn’t understand (due to my ignorance) and they walked me though the steps. I get it, I’m an old guy, but they took the time to listen and to correct instruction issues or correct me.

At the end of the day we are all trying to get as much out of the very expensive trucks we bought. I believe GDE will be here for the long haul helping us achieve that end. Are they perfect? No, no one is. Are they the best vendor for the products we are looking for? IMHO, yes.

Oh, the report on the tune? Stay “tuned”, (pun intended) I’ll do that after I have had a chance to drive the truck a couple thousand miles or so.

JMHO.
What does GDE stand for? A link to them or more info would be nice. TKS Jim

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
Thank you. Do you have any numbers regards improved mileage, HP, etc?
I don't have the GDE tune on my 2020 (yet), but I have one on my 2015. The other day I averaged 30 mpg in my 2015 running 70 mph. I've heard similar results with the 2020+ trucks. On average, you should see 1 - 2 mpg improvement over stock. But more importantly, the tune gives you a cleaner running engine. In theory, the tune will improve engine longevity and extend component functionality of your emissions system.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year

JMHO.
I wish I could say the same. I have been far from impressed with my experience.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Sure;

P026D
I never had this code until I installed a GDE tune. I have had it numerous times since and especially when towing. Spoke to the guy a few times at GDE, think it was Keith but I am not positive. Well they or he, keep saying I have a vacuum leak. If it were a vacuum leak it would pop the CEL every time I drove it. I even put a smoke machine in the lines to confirm I did not have a leak. It is something to do with the tune and GDE does not know how to fix it so they just pass the blame. I put about 25K on the truck with no issues or codes before the tune. The day after the tune I made a trip about 200 miles away and the codes began to pop up. They stopped responding to my emails because they know I am correct and they have no solution for the problem. Typical no service after the sale company. Other than the code, I do enjoy the tune.
I have an '18, Gen 2

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
Sure;

P026D
I never had this code until I installed a GDE tune. I have had it numerous times since and especially when towing. Spoke to the guy a few times at GDE, think it was Keith but I am not positive. Well they or he, keep saying I have a vacuum leak. If it were a vacuum leak it would pop the CEL every time I drove it. I even put a smoke machine in the lines to confirm I did not have a leak. It is something to do with the tune and GDE does not know how to fix it so they just pass the blame. I put about 25K on the truck with no issues or codes before the tune. The day after the tune I made a trip about 200 miles away and the codes began to pop up. They stopped responding to my emails because they know I am correct and they have no solution for the problem. Typical no service after the sale company. Other than the code, I do enjoy the tune.
I have an '18, Gen 2

The GDE tune has been flawless for hundreds of people. If you have an issue, it's not the tune.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
The GDE tune has been flawless for hundreds of people. If you have an issue, it's not the tune.
Keep reading on this site and you will learn otherwise. Although I am sure many have not seen the same issues as I ( and others) have. There are many successful stories on the tune. I am a member on other ED forums. The same issues and codes are being spoken about as well.

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
Keep reading on this site and you will learn otherwise. Although I am sure many have not seen the same issues as I ( and others) have. There are many successful stories on the tune. I am a member on other ED forums. The same issues and codes are being spoken about as well.

I've been on the forums since the EcoDiesel was new. Many people, including myself, have been very happy with the GDE tune(s). Switch back to the stock tune and see if your problem goes away. If it doesn't go away, then you know it's not the tune. A good diesel tech will tell you what's causing the code.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
I've been on the forums since the EcoDiesel was new. Many people, including myself, have been very happy with the GDE tune(s). Switch back to the stock tune and see if your problem goes away. If it doesn't go away, then you know it's not the tune. A good diesel tech will tell you what's causing the code.
I will give it a shot and see what happens. Heading from Oklahoma to Colorado this weekend. I will remove the tune and see what happens. I will keep you informed.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Is it a p06DB or just D?

I ask because after I tuned my engine and transmission, I kept getting the P04DB code, which I later muscled my way into figuring out. When the transmission shifted into second, especially while towing, allowed the rpm’s to drop down just low enough that the CCV sensor would detect less pressure drop, in turn throwing the code. I reset my clutch values after a few times of getting the code and have not gotten it since.

I reached this conclusion by manually shifting it, and not allowing the trans tune to let the engine lug, and avoided the code for a few days, then allowed the trans to shift auto again and it popped up almost instantly.

Reactions: Inq

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Positive P026D. Not sure if it makes a difference but I'm ALWAYS cruising highway speeds when the cel lights up. Most of the time when cruise is set.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
P026D
I have an '18, Gen 2
Give GDE a call or send an email today. FCA has a learning correction for the mass air flow sensor on GEN2 engines. They did not implement this on the GEN3 platform. As engine ages, the correction tries to simulate an ideal engine, which seems to lead to P026D and P026C codes on many thousands of vehicles. We developed a work around to turn this modeling off. If you want to try it out, let us know.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Give GDE a call or send an email today. FCA has a learning correction for the mass air flow sensor on GEN2 engines. They did not implement this on the GEN3 platform. As engine ages, the correction tries to simulate an ideal engine, which seems to lead to P026D and P026C codes on many thousands of vehicles. We developed a work around to turn this modeling off. If you want to try it out, let us know.
I emailed yesterday, but no responce.