• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GDP Tuner

jokirkev

Jan 2, 2021
Truck Year
Hi - Here is my 1st post and I did search for a thread before asking. Has anyone used a GDP plug and play tuner? I came across them at a GREAT price . . . but maybe they are a good price for a reason??

Thank you!
Kevin

Attachments

• gdp631001Manual.pdf
    187.6 KB · Views: 18

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group if u r going to tune it tune it with gde or another major tuner

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its a pressure Box the same as Banks Bullet/Derringers. Its the safest way to add Power/Timing, and in most cases the lowest cost. The Pressure box goes all the way back to the Edge EZ 2003.

jokirkev

Jan 2, 2021
Truck Year
Its a pressure Box the same as Banks Bullet/Derringers. Its the safest way to add Power/Timing, and in most cases the lowest cost. The Pressure box goes all the way back to the Edge EZ 2003.
Hi TC - is it all BS? Does it simply tell the ECU that the engine isn't to temp - send more fuel or is there more to it?! Does it push the ECU to lie about the MPG? This one is currently on sale for $199.

Xcountry

Aug 6, 2016
Truck Year
I seen it on sale also, have been looking at throttle boosters. I plan on eventually tuning just waiting on dealer for parts to take care of recalls. Don’t know if this pressure box will help on turbo lag or cause check engine lights.

jokirkev

Jan 2, 2021
Truck Year
I seen it on sale also, have been looking at throttle boosters. I plan on eventually tuning just waiting on dealer for parts to take care of recalls. Don’t know if this pressure box will help on turbo lag or cause check engine lights.
Below is their claims - even if the throttle response was fixed it might be worth it. GDP must be new to the game? Any ideas on where to get customer reviews? I don't see them on their site.
  • Works with 2014-2018 RAM 1500 & Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0L ECODIESEL
  • 50HP
  • Improve Performance
  • Plug N Play
  • Smoother Accelerations
  • Better Throttle Response
  • Overall Increase In Driveability
  • Promotes Better Fuel Economy
  • Increase In Power/Performance
  • Super Easy Install, Doesn't Touch ECM
  • For more information on GDP call us at 1-866-737-4966.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Hi TC - is it all BS? Does it simply tell the ECU that the engine isn't to temp - send more fuel or is there more to it?! Does it push the ECU to lie about the MPG? This one is currently on sale for $199.

Its simply adds Rail Pressure/Duration, So it changes the timing slightly Yes (EVIC) MPG will be Guessing more then it already is. You will notice the difference or its Not working, Yes, it will help on Lag because its a fueling/Pressure adder. For $200.00 and it works that's a fair price.

I never make comment on MPG increases IMO How can you get Better MPG when adding Fuel , Yes their are sweet spots for + MPG on any HP curve ,but its impossible for the seller to know the Buyers driving Habits or operation, So Buy it for the HP, and Never and I mean Never buy the claim of added MPG unless you get in writing on exactly what the MPG+ will be AND the seller will refund all the Cost Plus the R/R, this separates the deceptive marketing and unusually the seller won't provide the document on the warranty Guarantee (MPG+) or backs out of the sale.

jokirkev

Jan 2, 2021
Truck Year
Its simply adds Rail Pressure/Duration, So it changes the timing slightly Yes (EVIC) MPG will be Guessing more then it already is. You will notice the difference or its Not working, Yes, it will help on Lag because its a fueling/Pressure adder. For $200.00 and it works that's a fair price.

I never make comment on MPG increases IMO How can you get Better MPG when adding Fuel , Yes their are sweet spots for + MPG on any HP curve ,but its impossible for the seller to know the Buyers driving Habits or operation, So Buy it for the HP, and Never and I mean Never buy the claim of added MPG unless you get in writing on exactly what the MPG+ will be AND the seller will refund all the Cost Plus the R/R, this separates the deceptive marketing and unusually the seller won't provide the document on the warranty Guarantee (MPG+) or backs out of the sale.
I appreciate the response TC! I wonder - does adding the fuel rail pressure put anything at risk?.. I agree with you - how do you get more MPG if you are using more fuel?

MPG on this truck drops off drastically going from 55-60mph to 65-70mph...maybe 3.21 gears would be better for me than the 3.55. I tow a boat infrequently. Maybe I should go to a taller tire?

I want to buy a tuner - but not just to spend money....I would like a GDE but can't justify the cost. Are there others that electronically turn off the EGR?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I want to buy a tuner - but not just to spend money....I would like a GDE but can't justify the cost. Are there others that electronically turn off the EGR?

This doesn't really make sense, In the world of engine tunes I would say you generally get what you pay for and if it sounds to good to be true it probably is. Too many unknowns on random cheap tuners. Sounds like you got at least $200.00 to throw away on less than an unknown tuner? can't find any reviews? I wonder what the after sale service is like? Let us know how it works! :)

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year

This doesn't really make sense, In the world of engine tunes I would say you generally get what you pay for and if it sounds to good to be true it probably is. Too many unknowns on random cheap tuners. Sounds like you got at least $200.00 to throw away on less than an unknown tuner? can't find any reviews? I wonder what the after sale service is like? Let us know how it works! :)

C'mon Shadow I agree with you on the surface, Now look at it this way, All CC transactions have buyer protection, regardless of the seller policy UNLESS the buyers agrees to wavier of card Holders Rights, WE TC DSL, Do NOT sell race Parts without the buyer agreeing to those terms, its unlikely that GDP would demand this on a $200.00 Sale.

Yes GDE Tune is NO doubt better, But pressure Devices are simple and easily produce, and if I was to Map most tunes they would overlay Pressure devices to a certain degree. I ran the Banks bullet for 3.5 Years error free, I l have it, heck Jorikev I will sell it to you for $200.00 it adds 40HP and has several settings that GDP does not. I also have the single gage Pillar You can by that at Banks.
Banks Bullet 3.0 - Copy.jpg

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Heck, you can stack pressure Box's with Tunes. My guess it would play nice with GDE tunes, Plus the added power , If You Do YOU had better upgraded your foot, stacking can lead to trouble on Turbo/Trans.

jokirkev

Jan 2, 2021
Truck Year

I'm sorry I think you are missing my point. I am saying I don't want to throw away $ - but also don't want to overpay. It doesn't make sense to me that 'you get what you pay for' - it is a computer program - it's not vinyl vs leather seats. If GDE can write a program to turn off the egr - anyone else in the tuning industry can do the same.

jokirkev

Jan 2, 2021
Truck Year
C'mon Shadow I agree with you on the surface, Now look at it this way, All CC transactions have buyer protection, regardless of the seller policy UNLESS the buyers agrees to wavier of card Holders Rights, WE TC DSL, Do NOT sell race Parts without the buyer agreeing to those terms, its unlikely that GDP would demand this on a $200.00 Sale.

Yes GDE Tune is NO doubt better, But pressure Devices are simple and easily produce, and if I was to Map most tunes they would overlay Pressure devices to a certain degree. I ran the Banks bullet for 3.5 Years error free, I l have it, heck Jorikev I will sell it to you for $200.00 it adds 40HP and has several settings that GDP does not. I also have the single gage Pillar You can by that at Banks.
View attachment 3266
Is this what you have TC? https://official.bankspower.com/insider_news/introducing-the-banks-bullet-tuner-for-ecodiesel/

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yes...........

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Beige , but I'm not selling that, I think their available at Banks, You can Buy plastic Paint and paint any color available.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I'm sorry I think you are missing my point. I am saying I don't want to throw away $ - but also don't want to overpay. It doesn't make sense to me that 'you get what you pay for' - it is a computer program - it's not vinyl vs leather seats. If GDE can write a program to turn off the egr - anyone else in the tuning industry can do the same.

Neither the GDE or the GDP tunes turns off the EGR, if this is your goal you will have to look elsewhere.

jokirkev

Jan 2, 2021
Truck Year
Neither the GDE or the GDP tunes turns off the EGR, if this is your goal you will have to look elsewhere.
I'm not disagreeing with you but will offer there are many folks that write that the GDE tune suppresses egr function, some of which are here on this forum. They talk about how their oil stays clear because of it. Do you have a tune you like/suggest?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The emission intact Tunes use the EGR, I don't see How GDE could defeat this device (AECD) and pass certification, New technology removes the EGR Device entirely, The 3.0VM obviously cannot , because in 2020+VM has 2 ERG's on the truck. FPT has EGR less Engines so Fiat Has the technology. Now that being said if you live CANADA You can buy the old Tunes that defeat the EGR. GDE was served cease and desist orders or face fines and Imprisonment on ALL Sales that Defeat/Delete (AECD) in USA.