• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

gen 3 eco

MARK T

Nov 27, 2019
Truck Year
anything on the new gen 3. or just a do over of what we have and more problems. i have never had a truck that i liked better than my 2016 to 107000 miles.

Ram19

Nov 2, 2019
Truck Year
I've been driving my new gen-3 for a week now. I'm very happy with the way it drives, no throttle lag, very responsive, good MPG's all packaged in a really nice truck. IMO it drives as well if not better than my 2014 gen-2 with the GDE tune. At this point I'm very pleased with it!

Only time will tell if problems will arise as things progress.IMG_3532.JPGIMG_3546.JPGIMG_3537.JPGIMG_3538.JPG

Last edited:

DunLucky

Jul 18, 2018
Truck Year
I agree, Great looking truck! I have a some warranty left on my 2017 Ecodiesel, so waiting to see what happens with the Gen-3!

Ram19

Nov 2, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks Guy's!!

I can easily say this is the nicest truck I've ever owned. The interior is outstanding to say the least, I find it unbelievable how ram found so many places to put useful storage spaces inside the cab, plus having all of the important driving function items arranged for ease of access & drivability.

The thing I'm happiest with at this point is the drivability of the engine & drive train. After seeing all of the negative stuff coming out on the gen-2 engines "Especially after the AEM recall" & the sluggish performance that has been reported after the recall. I was nervous for how the gen-3 would perform.

I'm very happy to report that my worry's were misplaced and it appears that ram got something right with the gen-3 for driving pleasure. There is no noticeable throttle lag from a stop and is easy to drive in town as well as on the hiway. I've put about 400 miles on it this week in mixed driving including a 150 mile drive in the mountains up I-70 which included the Ike gauntlet drive the TFL guys use for their towing tests. I'm very happy with the way it drives & performs, plus it seems to get the MPG's that are inline with the EPA ratings for it. I had a 2014 ED that I really liked, but it had a noticeable throttle lag when it was new, the GDE tune took care of the lag with the benefit of shutting off the EGR system. IMO: My gen-3 drives as good as my '14 after the tune or slightly better from the factory. Now if I could only shutoff the EGR, unfortunately there isn't a tune to do that on the gen-3 yet and due to the current situation with the EPA there may not be one developed at all.

So Far-So Good! Time will tell if it will be reliable without major issues, but at this point I'm a happy camper!!

MARK T

Nov 27, 2019
Truck Year
NICE TRUCK . I WAS LOOKING AT ONE UNTIL I FOUND OUT TODAY FCA WAS PUTTING A NEW MOTOR IN MY 17 AT NO COST TO ME. BENT ROD #6 PISTON.

Ram19

Nov 2, 2019
Truck Year
Great news about the new engine! I hope you get years of good service from it. I wouldn't be trading either if I were in your shoes.

CKSlack

Dec 7, 2019
Truck Year
Took delivery on a 2020 ED Limited 12/16/19 and so far absolutely love it. This is my first diesel and I have researched a ton before pulling the trigger and drove my nephews 2018 ED Limited around a bit to help make the decision. These new trucks drive like a dream and I had 3 Ford King Ranch's prior and I can tell you that Ford can't hold a candle to the Ram for ride and interior. As far as tranny and engine time will tell, but I can tell you that the issues with lag are not on the Gen3.

There is one slight issue that the regional manager wants to come see in person and document is that my passenger side RamBox cover is slightly warp and I'm hoping doesn't leak. They want to open up a case with FCA and resolve it.

Very happy camper at this point.

Ram19

Nov 2, 2019
Truck Year
Congrat's on the new truck! I think you'll like it even more as you drive some more. I'm liking mine more every day!!

Let us know how things work out on the Ram Box issue.

Bitta

May 25, 2020
@CKSlack & @Ram19 ... I'm looking to buy as well. Just wondering if you are getting the advertised MPGs and still as happy some 6 months out. @CKSlack how did your Rambox issue work out? I'm REALLY wanting the Ramboxes and the multi-function tailgate...being only 5'2", reaching over the sides of the truck into the bed is a no go, so I'm game for cargo management!