• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gen3 still same issue ? Crankshaft positioning sensor?

DZLJT

Jan 22, 2021
Truck Year
Not Listed
I just about got stranded in my 2021 Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel, 4,800 miles. I was on a trip cruising along about 70mph and it suddenly gave the message "service throttle body" and then went into "limp mode". I just happened to be a few miles from a dealer so I pulled in and they were nice enough to take a look. Code per the dealer was "crankshaft / camshaft sensor" . Nothing to do with "throttle body" and he could not say way it gave that message on the display but a different code. He cleared it and, after some discussion, I decided to continue my trip. Got about another 15-20 miles down the road, the Jeep shuttered and the same code came on and it soon went into limp mode. Pulled off at the next exit and thought I would shut if off and see if the error cleared. Bad idea. Now it would not start. It would just give a single crank with no fire. Started to arrange a tow and periodically would hit the start (every 5-15 min) after about the 6th attempt it did start. Canceled the tow and limped my way back home and to my dealer. They won't be able to get to it until Tuesday. Will be curious to see what the final verdict is.

Dougeco

Nov 7, 2020
Truck Year
Not Listed
Crankcase position would make all those things happen. Why didn't they check / replace the sensor the first time?
Weird.

DZLJT

Jan 22, 2021
Truck Year
Not Listed
I was about 90 miles away from home and the dealership I stopped at was booked solid, but kind enough to look at it.