• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Glow plug issue

bowmantodd

Mar 14, 2019
Truck Year
Hi, I have a 2014 ram and I’m having a glow plug issue. I have changed the glow plug and the glow plug module and my issue has not been resolved. Anyone know where I should look next and what for?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hi, I have a 2014 ram and I’m having a glow plug issue. I have changed the glow plug and the glow plug module and my issue has not been resolved. Anyone know where I should look next and what for?

Do you have any engine codes after you changed both parts? Those codes will help provide guidance hopefully.

bowmantodd

Mar 14, 2019
Truck Year
Do you have any engine codes after you changed both parts? Those codes will help provide guidance hopefully.
Codes are P0675 cylinder 5 glow plug open/Circuit and P06BD cylinder 5 glow plug Circuit range/ performance

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
Ohm out the glow plug, should be 0.7-1.2 ohms. Also ohm out with glow harness to make sure wiring is correct.

evancd

Oct 24, 2019
Bowmantodd, any update on this issue? Running into the same issue/codes with my 2016. Glow plug replaced (twice), module replaced, wiring checked, all by the dealer and they are still scratching their heads (2nd new glow plug and wiring was also checked by a 3rd party shop for verification). Another dealer (original purchase) I talked to mentioned to reflash the PCM, though the local dealer said the techs did that. Hard to say what actually happened,though. Any info would be super helpful, thanks!

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Bowmantodd, any update on this issue? Running into the same issue/codes with my 2016. Glow plug replaced (twice), module replaced, wiring checked, all by the dealer and they are still scratching their heads (2nd new glow plug and wiring was also checked by a 3rd party shop for verification). Another dealer (original purchase) I talked to mentioned to reflash the PCM, though the local dealer said the techs did that. Hard to say what actually happened,though. Any info would be super helpful, thanks!
Looks like Bowmantodd posted twice on 2019 and never came back