• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

glow plug

wtw

Aug 26, 2023
Truck Year
I have a 2021 1500 echodiesel with 41k. I had to have total fuel system replaced at 26k. now the check engine light is on again and it says 4th glow plug stuck open. is this a major problem or can it be driven without repercussions. I am leaving for a 2000 mile road trip in a week and of course, can't get into a dealership till end of Sept.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I don't have the time to confirm this, So look into it. if the CEL is triggered it may NOT passive regen, then the Count down message will display (likely) itself on your trip (EVIC)

autoX

Nov 6, 2022
Truck Year
Glow plugs don't open. They are passive elements, activated electrically for start-up.

Fuel Injectors can be open/closed

My CEL never went off in the years I had the DEF/DPF on. Until the dealer replaced the NOx sensor and the engine cratered a few weeks later.