• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Greetings from South Georgia, owner of a 2016 eco diesel Ram 4x4, who was well pleased with the whole package until recently.

Mlwest333

Apr 16, 2019
Truck Year
"Disappearing Coolant" at 41,500 miles, dealer handed me an estimate for $2800.00 for the EGR cooler replacement, not under warranty!!! Uggggh! Any thoughts? Marvin

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome the recall is getting close I believe it is covered under that

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
once you get the recall done they have to replace it for free. Ask the Dealer to open a case with FCA and ask them to cover it.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
It is covered in the Settlement, Its My understanding the AEM Settlement repair will be covered under service contract, its NOT an extension of the new vehicle warranty...
The coolant will disappear in various ways , 1st it leaks onto the exhaust manifold and evaporates, 2nd it leaks internally and that's a BIG problem BC the soot returned VIA exhaust will clog up everything Swirl/intake Valves, TV, Map, will mix with the oil VIA combustion chamber and if your using lube with High CAL it a recipe for wear and disasters.

Hang in there 333 it will be covered in the service contract when the AEM is finalized next Month.

Mlwest333

Apr 16, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome! @Mlwest333

Hopefully you can get this covered under warranty.
Hopefully, we are working with the service manager diligently, also aware of the Class action lawsuit and recall on the emissions system. We will see and keep all advised. Marvin

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Don't use the word recall, Because its NOT, and it will confuse and slow down the (Possible) covered repair.

Mar 30, 2019
Truck Year
If they say it's the egr leaking don't drive or "baby it" in hopes of making it to the settlement date. Mine is at the dealer needing an engine replacement. A qualified mechanic has to look at it to determine what caused the engine to lock up. If egr was the cause not sure what I'm gonna do. But if it's anything else it will be covered under warranty. My truck has 52k miles

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
If they say it's the egr leaking don't drive or "baby it" in hopes of making it to the settlement date. Mine is at the dealer needing an engine replacement. A qualified mechanic has to look at it to determine what caused the engine to lock up. If egr was the cause not sure what I'm gonna do. But if it's anything else it will be covered under warranty. My truck has 52k miles
I am in full agreement. If the EGR cooler leaks - either pay to replace it and file for reimbursement or pull it and put it in a box, asking for replacement under the new service contract. Not a good idea to burn coolant.