• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Greetings & Salutations! Any helpful advice for an ecodiesel newb would be appreciated.

Gen_Blu_Falcon

Jul 5, 2021
Truck Year
I purchased a 2016 Laramie 4x4 with about 70k miles a little over a year ago for a great price. When I bought the truck the dealer website had the carfax showing an excellent service history. Have not had any problems, but I am trying to learn as much as I can. I got the dealer to do an oil change when I got the truck. I'm a little over 81K at this point and just did the oil change and fuel filter change myself. I used Hot Shot's Secret Diesel Extreme on the current tank of fuel and will be using HSS EDT with every fillup going forward.

I want to monitor the impact of the HSS fuel treatments on the regen rate. I do not own a scan tool. Does anyone have a recommendation for a scan tool that would help me monitor regens? I do a fairly decent mix of highway and city and have not seen any regen messages since I got the truck.

Thanks in advance.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I've run an Edge CS2 for about 5 years now and no problem. It mounts with suction cup in the corner of the windshield out of sight lines.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
+1 on the edge CTS2. It allows you to see any codes (I think. I have never had one:)) and also shows your soot % buildup and allows you to run a mobile regeneration at your convenien.It also has a couple other gauge options that are interesting to watch. If you don't want the suction cup mount there is an available pillar mount you can look around for. I got one on eBay.

Gen_Blu_Falcon

Jul 5, 2021
Truck Year
+1 on the edge CTS2. It allows you to see any codes (I think. I have never had one:)) and also shows your soot % buildup and allows you to run a mobile regeneration at your convenien.It also has a couple other gauge options that are interesting to watch. If you don't want the suction cup mount there is an available pillar mount you can look around for. I got one on eBay.
Thanks for the info.