• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Having issues, 6 codes

Jpop0077

Mar 13, 2023
Truck Year
Sorry for the long post but I need some insight on this.
so my check engine light came on about two weeks ago with the message, see dealership, check DEF system. I went 1000 miles past my oil change interval and was in the parking lot with it running and message; low oil pressure flashed and truck shut off. Grabbed the wife’s car to run errands and grabbed a quart of oil. Threw it in and it started up and drove fine. A couple days later as I had went and got the oil change stuff I was at work driving into the parking lot and again it died, message said check scr system.
Ok, I’ve since changed the oil. Hasn’t started. One day it started and then shut off again with low oil pressure message. I’m 1200 miles from home without my computer so I ordered and changed the oil pressure and temp sensors located under the oil filter. Nothing, so I bought a cheap code reader. 6 codes
P0401, P204F, P20E8, P016F, P0087, P1292.
I’ve changed the fuel filter and cleaned the DEF injector, also pulled the ERG tube out of my manifold and cleaned the soot offf.
I’m thinking I need to delete the ERG valve and cooler as well as the DEF but I need to clear codes before I tune it.
I was hoping to clear codes and get it running. I cleared the codes and I still can’t get it to start, now I have codes pending. Can I somehow reset the ECM to clear everything to get it to start so I can get it back to my hotel, that way I can install the delete kit. Should I just install the delete kit because the EGR valve is causing this issue and needs to be bypassed? Then tune it later. Any advise would help!!! Thanks Jason Popkey

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You will need WITECH just to clear those codes....Why its not starting? First you will need to remove the FCA and check for Debris if fine mantellic like material if found your entire fuel system will need replacing. Those are some codes not related to one another... you likely have big problems ahead or a simple bad connection.

Jpop0077

Mar 13, 2023
Truck Year
I will look into this! Thanks for your reply TC. I’ve driven this truck 200,000 miles without an issue and now this. I will post with the results! Thanks

Jpop0077

Mar 13, 2023
Truck Year
TC. Update, So first off this process is slower than normal because I'm working 84 hour weeks while I'm out in Phoenix so the truck has been sitting in the parking lot. LOL So I took the connector off of the FCA and she started up! I'm in the process of tracking down the part and ordering it. With that being said, I want to Thank you for responding to my post! I will check on the metal debris when I change it out, fingers crossed. If I find the metal shavings I will take it to the dealership, your response triggered me to look on the Mopar recall site and sure enough that recall is on my truck so I will let them deal with it.
As far as the other trouble codes about my emissions systems I've decided to delete everything. Just got the delete exhaust pipe today. I will order the EGR and tuner later on. I'm having trouble finding someone that can clear the codes for me. I do have a Lauch computer but I'm not a professional in the auto mechanic industry like you so I only spent a couple hundred bucks. Again, I appreciate you man and if I can return the favor just let me know!!! Jason Popkey