• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heater Problem

Tcreekfreak

Nov 29, 2023
Truck Year
I have a 2016 ecodiesel with just over 60,000 miles that I bought new. When the truck is first started the heater (not using the AC) works fine. I can set the temp around 72 and it works, but once I have been driving it for 15-20 minutes I need to keep increasing the temp setting to maintain the heat. Sometimes I have had to bump it up to 80 in order to keep the cab warm and this is with the outside air temp above 50. It acts the same way with the AC turned on. I asked at the dealership about this and they had no immediate answer other than "bring it in so we can diagnose it". My first thought is that it's thermostat related but I'm not a mechanic. Anybody else have this problem and what might be the solution? Thanks

Multiplex49

Aug 19, 2022
Truck Year
I was hoping somebody else in the blog would know where it’s located, but in the past when the sensor gets dirty, it could give you false temp indications to control the automatic, heating air conditioning temperature.
I would be careful about how you clean it as to not damage the sensor I think compressor would be the best.

bent

Oct 27, 2020
Truck Year
Where is the cabin temp sensor located? I tried Googling the location and only got info on the ambient air temp sensor located on the drivers side mirror. And thanks!
I believe its located behind the drivers side knee bolster (lower edge of dash). I think a couple bolts on the lower edge then snap pins to remove.
Wayne

Mar

Dec 1, 2019
Truck Year
There is a bypass heater control on the right side of the truck under the air filter box. It controls cab and trany temps.
There are 3 hoses that go into this control unit. It has a flap inside that opens and close like a stat when temps require it to open and direct coolant to proper channels. They sometime get stuck in the open position. Your truck s/b throwing a code of P26AB "engine coolant bypass stuck open". Unfortunatly they are not cheap but easy to replace. There is a how to video that will help you out. This is a common failure in a lot to Chrysler trucks and jeeps. Check it out. Good luck. Let me know how you make out.

rodd

Mar 19, 2022
Truck Year
My 2017 has the same issue. As I drive the heat goes off and stays off for a while then heats back up. I had a pinhole in my radiator and when I topped it off it would be fine for a few weeks then when it did it again i'd refill and the cycle would start all over again. I replaced the radiator and I am still having the same issue but I'm not refilling the coolant. I don't have any codes. I'm wondering if it is that 3 way valve??? It could also be leaking at the egr cooler, however I have no leaks hitting the ground.