• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello and help

Dogma

May 2, 2020
Truck Year
Hi all,
I’m new to this forum and maybe will be new to the EcoDiesel. I’m sitting on the fence trying to make a decision on buying a 2016. I checked the vin and according to the dodge website it has not had the VA7 update. Is this the dreaded EPA update. And if it didn’t have the flash is it a good engine in stock form. I’m hoping to replace my 2013 Sierra with something that will pull a 3 thousand pound travel trailer and get decent mileage. Thx

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
That's the Update to AEM, Need more info. Mileage, missing parts, etc.

What makes you think the MPG is going to be worth it , and if you used for DD use W/O changes it will suck up your wallet.

Dogma

May 2, 2020
Truck Year
Its a 2016 w/37k miles on it. It’s a good looking truck.I’m just getting into all the information out there but it “seems” that (even getting only 9-10 mpg on my gas 6.2) buying a EcoDiesel would be a big gamble as to where I got a decent one or not. I wanted a diesel for improved fuel economy and efficiency when towing, but not if it’s a money pit. Correct me if I’m wrong but it seems no one is happy with their EcoDiesel in stock form. Thx for responding.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Dogma, their are many happy owners, the problem is the bar is so Low , because of that. Example: I demand 200K miles with just minor repairs, Gas motor hit this target with eases and proper maintenance, very few Eco owners expect that, because they own one, My experience with the crowd of Eco owners reason more on emotions than facts. As you can read that brings Me at odds with many Eco owners, My posting are for those considering ownership and want the dark side of ownership and weight it out vs the risk.

Eco ownership vs the risk is each individual choice, Bottom line Dogma is it worth the risk for the MPG, I say No, and if you can afford the 2019 Ram 5.7 The MPG a big step up, My 19 gets 2-3 MPG better than My 12,14, 5.7. 19 Its all around better Truck, Go drive one.

Its mandatory to have missing parts in long term ownership, even at that 3.0s are puking at mileage exceeding 100K miles 2014-19.

That 2016 has one year+- left on the engine warranty than its your $$$$$$$

Dogma

May 2, 2020
Truck Year
Dogma, their are many happy owners, the problem is the bar is so Low , because of that. Example: I demand 200K miles with just minor repairs, Gas motor hit this target with eases and proper maintenance, very few Eco owners expect that, because they own one, My experience with the crowd of Eco owners reason more on emotions than facts. As you can read that brings Me at odds with many Eco owners, My posting are for those considering ownership and want the dark side of ownership and weight it out vs the risk.

Eco ownership vs the risk is each individual choice, Bottom line Dogma is it worth the risk for the MPG, I say No, and if you can afford the 2019 Ram 5.7 The MPG a big step up, My 19 gets 2-3 MPG better than My 12,14, 5.7. 19 Its all around better Truck, Go drive one.

Its mandatory to have missing parts in long term ownership, even at that 3.0s are puking at mileage exceeding 100K miles 2014-19.

TC, thanks much for your comments and insight. Given that my current truck has less than 40k in mileage and is in good shape it’s probably safer to stay with it. I’m now thinking that performance and reliability, during vacation towing, the 6.2 Sierra is likely to perform as well as the 3.0 diesel without issues such as engine or transmission overheating. I’m pulling and carrying less than 4K total weight. At this point my buying a used EcoDiesel just for the sake of owning a diesel could end up costing $$$ and ruining a vacation in hopes of saving $ in fuel. O’ well it was fun looking at RAMs and doing research. Thank you again TC.