• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello Everybody! Owner of a 2016 Ram Eco - Bout to do a full Banks conversion!

Signman1972

Aug 26, 2023
Truck Year
Bought this truck in February 2023. Found out that I have one of the last of the 2016 models. About two weeks ago, check engine light popped on. Yep, intake manifold, and now, I have a code for the diesel exhaust filter. So I decided that I'd bite the bullet and do a full delete and install Banks intake manifold and throttle delete kit. I have a local shop that didn't even know Banks made such an animal. But they have done the "delete"... Remove EGR cooler, remove DEF components, and line delete these items in the computer. But they typically had been installing a Mopar intake manifold and plugging the EGR. I'm going all in. Delete in all.... We'll see if this little engine grows a set of balls when they are done...lol

Signman1972

Aug 26, 2023
Truck Year
And FYI, I loved it before the codes popped... From what I've heard, this motor can rival the Cummins when in race mode...

Signman1972

Aug 26, 2023
Truck Year
They are a very well known shop and have been doing custom diesel tuning for many many years. They are legit.

CooterNMI

Aug 19, 2021
Truck Year
Bought this truck in February 2023. Found out that I have one of the last of the 2016 models. About two weeks ago, check engine light popped on. Yep, intake manifold, and now, I have a code for the diesel exhaust filter. So I decided that I'd bite the bullet and do a full delete and install Banks intake manifold and throttle delete kit. I have a local shop that didn't even know Banks made such an animal. But they have done the "delete"... Remove EGR cooler, remove DEF components, and line delete these items in the computer. But they typically had been installing a Mopar intake manifold and plugging the EGR. I'm going all in. Delete in all.... We'll see if this little engine grows a set of balls when they are done...lol
Hello. I just bought the Banks intake manifold and want to install it. I have done the EGR delete and the DPF delete and CAT delete. I’m running the SOfa King Tune stage II program. I contacted SK about doing the Banks Intake manifold install which deletes the swirl valves and the throttle body delete. SKT said they do not support this, even though they earlier said they would for $100.
Anybody know who has a tune to support the Banks Manifold Intake install?

Signman1972

Aug 26, 2023
Truck Year
Well Guys, It's finished! I just got my truck back. Installed the Banks manifold and had the computer custom tuned. They also removed the DPF and CAT. Had to do a little bit of modification to block off the EGR. But WOW what a difference! It was definitely a little pricey, but well worth it in the long run! Wound up costing just around $3800 plus the cost of the manifold and throttle body adaptor,

offgridcabin

Oct 16, 2023
Truck Year
Be sure to have them put an upgraded turbo coolant hose, mine just went... the engineers decided to put in a 3 piece with metal banjo fitting on the ends with a rubber piece in the middle.... rubber hose, turbo heat, engine heat, and lets bury it under the intake manifold... just foolish.