• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello. First post regarding oil pressure gauge

Flamesfan1973

Aug 1, 2021
Truck Year
Hi all,

Today i was pulling in the parking lot at work in my 2014 ecodiesel

My oil pressure gauge started moving back and forth from normal to zero. Low oil pressure light came on and went off.
178000 kms and no idea what would cause this.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Ironcity

Dec 16, 2020
Truck Year
Thank you.

First thing i checked was oil level and it was good.
I’m thinking I would not drive it then. Have it towed to the dealer or a good diesel mechanic. Ours started making a steady ticking noise from the engine and soon after the oil pressure gauge went zero when in idle and back up under throttle. Our engine had metal in the pan and the dealer gave us a new engine under warranty. My concern for you is that an oil passage may be getting clogged causing what you see on the gauge and a catastrophic failure may be next. The extra money spent to tow it is worth it, even if it turns out to be a simple faulty gauge.

Flamesfan1973

Aug 1, 2021
Truck Year
Hi

Thanks for the info. I felt the exact same way and lucky I have a good towing package. I had it towed to my diesel mechanic in Calgary here and they will start the process today. I am hopeful it is only a faulty sensor. But time will tell. I will update this when I get answers