• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello from E. Washington!

Stephen21

Aug 14, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I just found this site and have learned a ton. Thank you to all who have contributed.

I have learned enough that I am having a tiny bit of doubt in my purchase decision. I have a 2021 Gladiator on its way.

Funny story behind it. I don't buy brand new cars. We just bought my Wife a 2014 Wrangler. Great car!! I just love it. I got to wanting one and started looking at used gas Gladiators. Wife told me NO. She said that if I was going to buy one it had to be a diesel...... When I could not find a used diesel she insisted that I get a new one. Boy did she have to twist my arm...NOT! I was on the Jeep website in milliseconds building my new Jeep. My first brand new car since 1987.....

Now I am having longevity concerns. I need reliability as this will likely be the last truck I ever buy.

I am looking hard at:

GDE tune to reduce soot. (October release)
Anmsoil bypass oil filter
Bulletproof oil cooler (If needed in the 2021??)
And finally.... The first extended warranty I have ever purchased.... Anyone here have experience with the Mopar Powertrain Plus plan??

I would welcome any comments or suggestions.

Thanks Everyone.

S.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Tune would be Good Just remember be careful (May)Void Power train warranty
Amsoil Bypass Voids warranty
Additional oil cooler voids warranty

Extended Warranty. Wasted money if you change or modified? any component that Voids warranty.

Your wife going to have the ability NOT to dart drive, and avoid daily short trips?

Stephen21

Aug 14, 2021
Tune would be Good Just remember be careful (May)Void Power train warranty
Amsoil Bypass Voids warranty
Additional oil cooler voids warranty

Extended Warranty. Wasted money if you change or modified? any component that Voids warranty.

Your wife going to have the ability NOT to dart drive, and avoid daily short trips?

My Wife does make short trips daily. Her office is a bit over a mile away. So, with lunch, she drives about five miles a day. It has not been an issue with her 2014 Wrangler.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Is your 2014 converted to DSL?

JohnnyMac

May 19, 2019
Truck Year
Congrats on an awesome truck and an awesome wife! The latest generation of EcoDiesel has a much better cooling system than last gen so don't spend money on oil coolers. Getting a tune is definitely a good thing. You might look around at a few others and I would get one that you are able to revert to stock anytime you need to take it in for recalls or servicing. As noted above, try to get the engine good and hot and limit your short trips. The motor relies on regen's to clear out the soot and short trips prevents them from occurring. You're gonna love the truck.

Stephen21

Aug 14, 2021
Congrats on an awesome truck and an awesome wife! The latest generation of EcoDiesel has a much better cooling system than last gen so don't spend money on oil coolers. Getting a tune is definitely a good thing. You might look around at a few others and I would get one that you are able to revert to stock anytime you need to take it in for recalls or servicing. As noted above, try to get the engine good and hot and limit your short trips. The motor relies on regen's to clear out the soot and short trips prevents them from occurring. You're gonna love the truck.
Thanks Johnny,

You are spot on about my Wife. I thank God every day for her poor taste in men.... I hope you are right about the truck. I have had a few spots of doubt. I am (with some reluctance) trading my 2004 Dodge 3500 4x4 dually with CTD & 6 speed. It has been a great truck but I don't haul with it since we moved back into town. The Jeep is better suited to how I use a truck now.

I am glad to hear that there have been cooling system improvements. That appears to have been a significant contributor to issues in the Ecodiesel.

I am looking at the GDE tune as my first mod. I checked with them and they said flashing back to stock for dealer visits is not a big deal. Then reapply the GDE tune after the dealer visit. Everything else is going to have to wait until I have had the truck for a while.

Stephen21

Aug 14, 2021
Talked to GDE today and, for my circumstances, they recommended against a tune.

I got a little education in the process. The gent I spoke with was very generous with hos time and knowledge considering he had just told me that I should not buy anything from him. Well...... Not today, but when I do have a need I will certainly have GDE at the top of my list.