• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello I am new to diesel engines

JayJay

Sep 24, 2019
Truck Year
I new to diesel engines i have drove a company half ton diesel for fours but this is my first one i have ever own. so my question is what is a good fuel treatment to use in this truck 2016 eco diesel limited

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You need to check with Your local refiner ,Here In MN its Flint Hills, Most of MN, WI, ND, SD, IA, NB, IL ,ID MI, and many other states Refine Bio-Diesel, 5-20% The Chemist Dept does NOT support additives, its likely the additives with separate the needed package to blend the Bio, IMO most additives are Snake Oil when it comes to Diesel. Yes some States do not add additives for extreme cold, than Yes additives would be needed to lower the cloud Point. Most Clear #2 in the USA is good to 0F.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I use Archoil's AR6200 for preventive maintenance purposes. Is does not separate or affect the composition of the fuel.

team RAMrod

Sep 26, 2019
Truck Year
I've been putting hotshots treatment in and ive definitely noticed a bit of pep in my pedal since. not much, but its supposed to boost the cetane rating by like 7.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
the cetane will but it takes a lot the that raises the price of running a diesel Ford is the only one that wants owners to use it

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Myself and many others have tested these Claims on the Dyno None live up to their claim of added HP, Only Race Diesel for off road only adds HP Sold at places like Schied Diesel. Off Corse I personally have NOT tested all of them, others over the years have ,and past that info on to members of the Pro League.

https://www.scheiddiesel.com/scheid-diesel-lightning/scheid-diesels-high-output-diesel-fuel-and-off-road-use-only/

Scheid Diesel's High Output Diesel Fuel - Off Road Use Only

JayJay

Sep 24, 2019
Truck Year
How well is that seafoam stuff for fuel and injectors treatment

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
On HPCR Systems It won't hurt or help.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
The only compelling reason I have read for using any additive is to improve the lubricity of low sulphur fuel. If the diesel you buy is already 5% biodiesel you shouldn't need it.(?) Where I live it never gets very cold so I don't know too much about cold weather fuel