• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HELP! What is the less expensive route to do a DEF delete.

rrstlcards1

Mar 8, 2020
Truck Year
All,
If anyone wants to give me advice on what is the less expensive way to do a DEF delete. I have the replacement pipes at 300.00, EGR delete kit at 100.00 and a tuner for 90.00. Does anyone know any other way? I know pipes have to be removed and I don't want to reprogram the EGR as I'm having issues finding someone to reprogram for a decent price. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

John

Nov 13, 2015
You can simply have a tuner turn off the DEF system and you will no longer use any. No need to remove any pipes or EGR.

rrstlcards1

Mar 8, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks John for the update. Do you have any recommendations on what tuner to get? Thanks in advance.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You can run 90/10% DEF Fluid Distilled water in 2015, The Likelihood of DEF system failure from tank to DEF injector is next to none at that ratio.
Its cost Nothing to run that concentrate.

If your going to upgrade to missing Parts remove it all. EGR, DEF System, SCR, DPF.

With GDE tuning the EGR to none operational is no longer available , is anyone else offering that?

rrstlcards1

Mar 8, 2020
Truck Year
I seen the deletion portion and I was about ready to start ordering parts as I'm tired of dealing with the DEF nuisance.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If you desire to remove all emission components, Make sure you have them all, and I would suggest to order parts that are necessary ASAP.

What DEF nuisance's are you experiencing, almost All DEF problems can be eliminate for year 2015 by lower concentrated DEF.
Its this simple DEF is 67/33%. 67% DI Water and 33% Urea/Nitrogen , Nitrogen is very Potent it only take a Few LBS to fertilize 1 Acre , that's OZ per what SQ footage?.

Its the Urea that wreck havoc with DEF Pump, Injector. Lower the Urea Level Without the NOx sensor system Triggering code is No problem.
The API cert of 67/33 is Nuts and NOT need for 98% of Driving.

rrstlcards1

Mar 8, 2020
Truck Year
The gauge has been not working properly for about a year and I took it to the dealership and they quoted me at 4100 to fix it and order another tank. Not doing that since this truck is almost paid off. I will have to drain out some DEF and add the distilled water and see if that works before I buy the parts. Thanks for taking the time for sending the information. I will post my results once I have done the troubleshooting. Thanks, Rob

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
At This point Rob, Its Best to call Me , Todd 763-228-7121

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I wanna know where he found a tuner for 90 bucks. I paid just shy of a grand for my SFT, $950.00 after a $50.00 coupon so 950 plus taxes was 995.00 & change, plus another 400 for a CTS 3. I wish I could run the diluted adblue.

AndyIRV

Nov 19, 2019
Truck Year
If you desire to remove all emission components, Make sure you have them all, and I would suggest to order parts that are necessary ASAP.

What DEF nuisance's are you experiencing, almost All DEF problems can be eliminate for year 2015 by lower concentrated DEF.
Its this simple DEF is 67/33%. 67% DI Water and 33% Urea/Nitrogen , Nitrogen is very Potent it only take a Few LBS to fertilize 1 Acre , that's OZ per what SQ footage?.

Its the Urea that wreck havoc with DEF Pump, Injector. Lower the Urea Level Without the NOx sensor system Triggering code is No problem.
The API cert of 67/33 is Nuts and NOT need for 98% of Driving.

TC Diesel,
If my math is correct, a 90/10 would mean you could safely add 5 gallons of DI Water to 2.5 gallons of DEF.
question 2, does this raise the def freeze temp? I am also in MN and if I'm not mistaken the freezing point of DEF if 12F.
I have a local dealer power-train warranty to 150K/10years only have 52K on the truck. While I'd like to lighten the truck, I'm just going to keep it stock for now.

Thanks,
Andy

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The More DS you add the higher your freeze point is, I have ran concentration levels to 10-15/90-85 for several years, One Truck sits outside during the Winter even in -20 with no Ill effects.