• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hemi-Eco Diesel

Saskabush

Feb 12, 2020
Truck Year
Hello, Trying to weigh cost-performance benefits between Hemi-E torque and the new Eco Diesel. I wanted a new EcoDiesel in 2017, but it wasn't an option. Settled on the limited 1500. Best and most comfortable I ever even sat in. Now looking very hard at the new Eco Diesel. The Hemi for all it did well pulling my 9200lb (short box with air suspension 4x4) holiday trailer seemed abusive at Best. Looking to see all relative comparables. I drive 15k kilometres a year. As far as diesel high costs I always put premium in at Costco so the price is the same as diesel. Oil change costs seem a full $100 higher additional 3.5 l and the much higher filter costs. Annual costs for DEF at 15,000k? Are owners really happy with the new engine?? Pros, Cons, Fixes?? Thanks

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The last 2 Months Dec/Jan My 2019 has 14.8 GPM, its all City/Hwy its 2.00-2.25 MPG better than My 2014 5.7 Laramie Loaded.
My Eco was 17.1 MPG in the 3 years I own it During Dec/Jan. All hand calculated , Yes I'm that dedicated to MPG.

I traded My Eco for the 2019 Limited, it light years ahead of My 2014 loaded Laramie, The 3.0VM is just to Risky in Grocery getting, the New hardware on the 2019 VM 3.0 IMO is a band aid on a hemorrhaging cut. If the 3.0VM is used in 80+hwy it seems to do well.

The owner of this site allows opinions that differ from the site Name, I tip My hat to Boostn.

With the New technology in the 5.7 and the higher cost of Dsl and Service you would need 170K miles of driving with 0 additional cost just to break even. You do NOT pick up nothing in resale of the 3.0VM like the Cummins/D-Max/Ford. The Hemi brings good resale $$$.

Saskabush

Feb 12, 2020
Truck Year
I drove the new Eco D today for the first time. Very concerned about the new EcoD -20C best mileage on the highway 11 l per 100k, that's the same as my 5.7 on a good day.
I appreciate you sharing your experience.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If My calculations are correct, that's terrible, 21.5 MPG.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Wishful thinking.