• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hi and def quality check

Ericdiff

May 23, 2022
Truck Year
Hi everyone. I bought a 2015 ram ecodiesel because my wife drives my 2013 Cummins. I love the Cummins and thought the ecodiesel would be great for the mileage since I make pretty frequent trips to Springfield, MO from about an hour away.
The truck I found has 186000 miles but it was cheap. The dealer supposedly replaced the def pump and said the light should go off after 40 miles. I also noticed a shake while driving.
So I decided to do the works on the front end. I did tie rods, ball joints, cv’s, sway bar links, and put bilsteins on. It drives perfectly now.
But the def issue did not go away and I got the message “70 miles truck won’t start”. Thank you all for all the info you post. I was ready to just delete everything and still might but decided to follow advice first. I went to drain the def tank and there was diesel in it.
I drained the tank and put new def in. I haven’t drove it yet but I am curious about this. Was it the former owner that put it in to mess with the dealer at trade in, or a person he let drive it did it by mistake? Was it the dealer for an expensive repair, thinking I would bring it back and pay for a new scr, sensors, etc? Or maybe the salesman did it when he fueled it because we had a little disagreement and I almost backed out of the deal over something I saw in pictures (I bought from Oklahoma and had to drive from Missouri)?
So be sure to check the def, drain it if having trouble. Let’s hope this fixes the issue. I am putting the rear bilsteins on so won’t get to do the highway drive for a couple of days. Any advice?

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I'm surprised that the residual diesel didn't mess with it. I have family in Springfield, Bolivar, and my Aunt & uncle had our family farm just off of Stockton Lake, my grandfather had a blacksmith shop in Caplinger Mills if ya know here that is.

Ericdiff

May 23, 2022
Truck Year
It is beautiful here. I’m down near Ava. Only been here two years but I love the Ozarks.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
It is beautiful, my wife wanted to move to Missouri until she got a taste of the summer humidity, it's hot here in Az, but we only have a month or slightly more of the humidity.

Ericdiff

May 23, 2022
Truck Year
It is beautiful, my wife wanted to move to Missouri until she got a taste of the summer humidity, it's hot here in Az, but we only have a month or slightly more of the humidity.
We actually came here from Prescott. Well we stopped in Oklahoma for 6 months and we were only in Prescott 6 months. Reno is where we were but I love it here. 56 acres on a river with cattle and chickens and I am getting used to the humidity.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Wow, Prescott, nice country, I had a friend graduate from the gunsmithing school up there a few years ago. I'm down in Ajo, born here, raised here and worked the mine until 1985 when they shut the last of it down, I was in the pipe shop and one of the last ones out the gate due to my seniority, transferred to another property and put in another 15 years, retired now going on ten years.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Spent many childhood years at Ft. Leonard Wood and Rolla as my father was stationed there many times. (early 60's) I have such vivid memories of turtles, fireflies, and just running around in the woods!

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
My mom was born in Rolla & I think my dad's brother did basic at fort Leonard Wood for the 2nd war.

Ericdiff

May 23, 2022
Truck Year
Spent many childhood years at Ft. Leonard Wood and Rolla as my father was stationed there many times. (early 60's) I have such vivid memories of turtles, fireflies, and just running around in the woods!
I go over to Fort Leonard Wood every few months to shop or if I need vet paperwork done.

Ericdiff

May 23, 2022
Truck Year
Maybe the wife did it on accident?
She never drove it. I got it from a dealer and they said they replaced def pump and the light should go off in 50 miles. I don’t want to accuse them of intentionally putting diesel in the def to charge for costly repairs but…if you go to a dealer and have a def issue, check def quality