• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

High Oil temperature

sdasilva27

Aug 28, 2023
Truck Year
Excuse my ignorance, this is my first ram and first diesel truck I’ve owned. Bought it last week and it test drove and made the 2 hour trip home, just fine. Engine was strong, everything sounded good. After using it around town for a few days, the engine lost all power and oil temp light came on. Did an oil and filter change using 5w-40 shell rotella thinking the dealership didn’t do it and just maybe that would fix it. Did that on Saturday and drove it fine the rest of the day and Sunday. The light just came back on and I can smell burnt oil. I’m thinking I need to replace the sensor but would like to hear all of your thoughts especially now that I’m seeing there was some sort of settlement. Pretty nervous that I just made a terrible buy!

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Welcome to the forum
I don't know what the problem or solution might be but I have a suggestion. Dealers usually warranty/guarantee their sales for at least thirty days. Suggest you contact the dealer and have them fix it or take it back.

sdasilva27

Aug 28, 2023
Truck Year
Unfortunately their policy is only 3 days or 150 miles, which we went over before we even got home.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

autoX

Nov 6, 2022
Truck Year
That's a condition that was known and sold to you defective. Proper business ethics should apply in this case not the 3 days policy. Sounds like a problem with the oil cooler circuit tho. Do you have a service history?