• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP RECALL

1930u

Sep 10, 2023
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hello - back in April this year, I worked out a deal for a new Eco Diesel Ram 1500. Upon arrival at the dealership to pick it up the sales agent advised me, the truck is included in the high pressure fuel pump recall and can't be sold until corporate determines what they need to do to correct a stalling probably with the Ecos.

Of course I was disappointed but the deal on the new truck was so good...that I stayed in the deal with hopes in a couple of months the recall work would be complete and I would be driving my new truck.

Well here we are 5 months later and corporate hasn't released the procedure to perform the pump replacement. The only positive note is the service manager told me that the pumps were shipped and they are ready to go once they get the okay from Stellantis.

Does anyone in the forum have any info on this? Are there any Stellantis reps in the forum? Has anyone here had the recall performed and if so what state are you in?

This is very frustrating but I really don't want to lose the deal.

Thank you in advance!

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
One of the other ram 1500 forums has info saying there is a new part number out to cover that recall, the MOPAR site still says "NO PARTS AVAILABLE" when I query my VIN. but members there insist , so IDK.

Averagejoe

Sep 8, 2023
Truck Year
Mine died Friday 5 hours from home and I was told this z96 recall was the issue. Dealer said parts are still not available but they’re digging around. I’ll have to make the 10 hour round trip when it’s done. Ram wouldn’t tow it to a shop near me. It was a $2000 tow that I could submit a request for reimbursement but told that I was unlikely to get paid back.
I just hope it’s rectified soon

Averagejoe

Sep 8, 2023
Truck Year
Mine died Friday 5 hours from home and I was told this z96 recall was the issue. Dealer said parts are still not available but they’re digging around. I’ll have to make the 10 hour round trip when it’s done. Ram wouldn’t tow it to a shop near me. It was a $2000 tow that I could submit a request for reimbursement but told that I was unlikely to get paid back.
I just hope it’s rectified soon
2021 Ram 1500 eco diesel. 41000 miles

JLongwood

Sep 7, 2023
Truck Year
My 2015 (88k miles) died 3 weeks ago. The dealership is claiming it's "fuel contamination" without any investigation into the HPFP, so I filed a claim with FCA/Stellantis. The FCA Rep I spoke with on the phone said that the final solution/replacement for the recall is being finalized (who knows how long that process will take), but they have a "temporary" replacement pump to put in impacted vehicles in the meantime. The challenge is, as in my case, getting the dealerships to acknowledge the HPFP/recall issue on the older models.

Mikeisty

May 27, 2020
Truck Year
Has anyone had luck with getting a fuel pump replaced for free without warranty? Dealer says even though there is a recall on the pump I would have to pay for a replacement unless I wait for the fix for the recall? My 2014 went down last week in the middle of a road trip. Engine keeps cranking but never turns over. Mobile mechanic said the fuel pump is only creating 500 out of 4000 psi needed to start engine.