• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

High pressure fuel pump

EDkimo

Jan 8, 2024
Truck Year
Hello everyone, new here. Just picked up my ED 2018 from service after fuel pump failed. It took about 4 weeks waiting. They replaced the fuel pump, but not the Ram remedy as it has not been provided yet. I was wondering if anyone had the same issue and how long will the replacement pump wil last. Thank you!!

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
There is no answer. If you want an answer, it will last from 0-500,000+ miles or more. The failure rate is less than 1% of all the Ecodiesels, meaning it hardly ever fails. There is no data on how the failed vehicles were used or maintained. Ram may have data on miles before failing or what caused the failures, that would be nice to know. One owner reported he was on his third engine failure, which makes one wonder why, is it the owner's or the engine's fault?

SeanPwnery

Nov 30, 2022
Truck Year
My truck went in 1 year ago for what I specifically told them "I have no power to the pump." They replaced both pumps , the filter housing/heater, and the TIPM ... none of those were the problem - a bit of wire between the TIPM to the fuel pump was my problem, but I paid the $5,800 anyway because I thought "Hey, that's 4 major parts I don't have to worry about for a good long time..."

A week after I brought it home, I received the recall notices in the mail for the HPFP. Mine's new ... it works ... I'm not going to bother since the recall replacement is exactly the same as what I already purchased.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
My truck went in 1 year ago for what I specifically told them "I have no power to the pump." They replaced both pumps , the filter housing/heater, and the TIPM ... none of those were the problem - a bit of wire between the TIPM to the fuel pump was my problem, but I paid the $5,800 anyway because I thought "Hey, that's 4 major parts I don't have to worry about for a good long time..."

A week after I brought it home, I received the recall notices in the mail for the HPFP. Mine's new ... it works ... I'm not going to bother since the recall replacement is exactly the same as what I already purchased.
Great plan. Now the OEM HPFP is a BOSCH CP4.2 which is a twin cylinder high pressure pump. The warranty replacement will be a BOSCH CP3.0 a single cylinder slightly lower pressure pump.

EDkimo

Jan 8, 2024
Truck Year
Great plan. Now the OEM HPFP is a BOSCH CP4.2 which is a twin cylinder high pressure pump. The warranty replacement will be a BOSCH CP3.0 a single cylinder slightly lower pressure pump.
Are you saying that the remedy is now available for the recall?

jamesmillet

Jul 11, 2023
Truck Year
I have a 2022 Ecodiesel. In February of this year, while my truck was in to replace the particulate matter sensor, the dealership replaced the fuel pump and fuel rails to fix the recall. Since then, I have noticed a significant decrease in fuel mileage especially on the highway. A 4 to 7 mile/gallon decrease. Has anyone else noticed this after their fuel pump was replaced?

camdt338

Apr 25, 2024
Truck Year
I have a 2022 Ecodiesel. In February of this year, while my truck was in to replace the particulate matter sensor, the dealership replaced the fuel pump and fuel rails to fix the recall. Since then, I have noticed a significant decrease in fuel mileage especially on the highway. A 4 to 7 mile/gallon decrease. Has anyone else noticed this after their fuel pump was replaced?
I just did the same work. it seems like i am getting a little worse mileage as well and my DEF gauge is moving faster. it's moved 1/8 in about 400 miles since the replacement. that seems like a lot

plags

Sep 12, 2023
Truck Year
Well I am one of the ones NOW on my 3rd engine --- initial engine failed with metal in the oil pan and locked up totally at 80K. Was 23 days out of warranty and I paid 14K for a new engine --- still trying to recover that -- second engine went 5K and SAME issue failed siezed up --- since this engine had the 2 year Parts and Labor warranty they put in a 3rd ENGINE! This engine lasted 3215 miles and threw a P0087 code AND started leaking diesel in the lines coming from the fuel tank where they connect to the engine lines under the drivers seat. With my recall notice in hand I went to a really lard Ram dealer that replaced the engine and was told don't drive it it appears related to the recall and we can get parts in 10 days then it ought to stop leaking as well?????? Seems like a LOW pressure warning a new pump will INCREASE pressure and it will leak more. I asked if they were gonna check for metal in the oil pan? Asked how I would know if damage was already done? Silence --- well I am under a 2 year warranty so till it runs out I will keep the truck but intend to sell it just before the warranty runs out --- cannot trust a RAM or a RAM dealer -------He could not even tell me what the differences would be in the new vs old pump!!!!!! As for the "it's the owner" I feed it Shell diesel in Florida and change the oil at 7500 ( not that either replacement engine reached that) but the original. It is a daily driver -- no towing on either new engine --- longer Florida highway trips and around town only!