• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hitch Hauler

ZMan079

Aug 10, 2015
Truck Year
Anyone that uses a hitch hauler and has the the dual exhaust out the back have an issue lLike melting cargo, covering with soot, etc while using it???
Thanks in advance,
ZMan079

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yes I do have melting problems. Be careful. Soot and diesel pee no. But be dang careful with the temperature. I melted a strap and melted a battery I was carrying. I diddnt even think about it when I was loading the basket

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Just get one that comes out and up. Not a straight flat one. I ran a 1200 mile round trip just last month with this type and had no issues.

ZMan079

Aug 10, 2015
Truck Year
Gobrowntruck21, that's kinda what I was thinking...

Moparecodiesel that stinks, that is what I was afraid of.... I was strapping up my boat cover yesterday and notice the amount of heat coming from the pipes

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yeah get one that goes up or get a hitch extender. It gets really hot when you hit a regen

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Gobrowntruck21, that's kinda what I was thinking...

Moparecodiesel that stinks, that is what I was afraid of.... I was strapping up my boat cover yesterday and notice the amount of heat coming from the pipes

If you're really pressed about it, cover or simply make your straps/tie downs from exhaust wrap.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Haha exhaust wrap your straps....I would say just put it on a riser so it's away from the exhaust...sounds like ya'll should have just ordered the ram boxes anyways...

WesMgc

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
Has anyone had trouble with tailgate down for long trips or stuck in traffic damage do to regen.
I think it should be far enough away should be ok , just would like to be sure.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Well I've had the tailgate trim replaced a a few times already. First time was completely stupid. Was hauling a couch with tailgate down. Maybe 65MPH and the wind catching in the sides broke the tabs for the tailgate cap. Dealer replaced without issue. Second time I was standing on bed side loading freight and stepped on the tonneau cover rail that overhangs, bent down a bit. Went to close the tailgate; Broke the same tab again warranty no issue. Most recently broke it, well twice. Loading a ATV. Tire slipped and ripped the plastic, hadn't replaced it yet, and broke the spot next to it taking a dirtbike out without ramp. Oops.

Haven't gotten around to replacing that one yet. Don't think I can claim warranty. Ended up getting a cap and it got covered by the leer tailgate cover anyways. Good enough for now. That plastic cap is a crappy design. I don't care for it

But the regen or exhaust heat hasn't done any damage anyways!