• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How do I prevent engine replacement

charlescboucher

Oct 9, 2021
Truck Year
Hi All,

I am very hesitant to do an EGR Delete on my eco diesel, as I have just spent almost 4,000.00 on a new Catalytic converter.. Dealer did not tell me about EGR Delete... 2 months later, I had to put a 3rd engine in my truck, which I had to pay for... I spent the money on a new engine becuause it is better than spending 65-70,000 for a new one and having to pamper it like a car for 5 years... My truck is now a truck, not a car.... I am not worrying about little scratches or dents....

I know this will generate a lot of comments, but rather than ask me why I would do this, I would prefer some good advice on how I prevent this from happening again, without an EGR Delete... I have read articles of private citizens, being fined up to $10,000.00 for removing emission controls, so this does make me hesitant.. And I care about the environment...

Any good advice would be appreciated..

Thanks,

Charles

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome, unless you plan to do 100% interstate driving, the egr will continue to cause issues. The way i see it is, by removing a part and slightly increasing emissions, I’m keeping my truck from burning to the ground, and out of a scrap yard with more impact to the environment than a few exhaust fumes.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
OAs............. x2 tremper126, You have 2016 use 90% Distilled water and 10% DEF. My 2015 ED was on this diet of H20 for it 4.5 years of ownership. Lube changes every 6/8k Miles , No dart driving.

Mac

Jun 13, 2020
Truck Year
I got the GDE emissions compliant tune. it does not break regulations, so no worries about a fine, and, you know, global warming and such. However, it does not delete the egr either. It is supposed to turn the egr down a bit however, and drives much better. Get yourself a beater for your daily commute and drive the eco on your longer trips. That is what I did, so far so good. Just my $0.02.

charlescboucher

Oct 9, 2021
Truck Year
Thanks for the good advice.. .I will check out the GDE emissions tune... Funny you mention another car. I just bought another car for my daily commuting 6 weeks ago, and as you suggest, I am only going to use my Ecodiesel only for long trips. The irony of my story, is, just before my engine burned up, I was thinking of getting a commuter car...

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
Its nuts that we even entertain buying something else to drive to prevent an engine failure. Its like buying suede furniture and covering it in plastic IMO

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Its nuts that we even entertain buying something else to drive to prevent an engine failure. Its like buying suede furniture and covering it in plastic IMO

Agreed.. I think if a person gets to that point it's time to cut your losses and move on to a different platform.