• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles do you have on your eco diesel

Mxvet0354

Apr 20, 2020
Truck Year
2020 Bighorn 4x4 Off-road package. Right at 12,000 on engine #2 but no issues with this one so far.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
2015 and 108,000 miles. Strong truck with zero problems thus far. (To be fair - it's been tuned since 40,000 and deleted since 100,000.)

Bruno55

Apr 7, 2021
Truck Year
I’ve got a 2015 Longhorn with on 70,000 Kms, that’s about 40,000 miles 👍

Bruno55

Apr 7, 2021
Truck Year
Has anyone here done the full delete even though some of you have low mileage?

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Bruno55, I aftermarket tuned my original motor at 33k to turn off EGR to improve longevity & minimize repairs, improve mileage, power, add turbo brake etc. Deleted due to clog at 260k miles but didn’t delete the EGR cooler. On a long cross country TT tow it seems low coolant from leaking EGR cooler caused it to push a head gasket at 371k miles. The emissions systems & governmental AEM detune has been especially hard on these motors.

The replacement motor was fully deleted from day one and has the EGR cooler removed to eliminate that risk. At 420k it’s still going strong. It just had water pump, and cracked valve cover repair and the trucks first turbo replacement. Previously it had a tone or reluctor wheel failure. Friend & fellow transporter has 450k on his. Son had over 200k on the one he drove before leaving employment with that company. SIL has about 90k on his. And I know we have at least two over 300k on the other forum. I believe all deleted not that a tune can fix damage done or unclog oil passages etc. But it is a problems preventer & minimizer and longevity improver IMO.

There are people who’s truck duty cycle works well and lasts even stock never been tuned or AEM detuned. Steve who contracted with the same company I did had 212k on his untouched zero repairs truck when he sold it. But pre AEM days.

67_Valiant

Feb 9, 2020
Truck Year
As someone living in California, I'm wondering what is the longest without delete/tune (ie totally stock)? I do see trucks at auction with over 200k, but no idea if they were tuned or not.