• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Howdy

Stevebucks

Aug 21, 2019
Truck Year
Hi everybody. I have a 2016 eco diesel. 190,000 km. Just put truck In for repairs today. Leaking egr cooler. Part alone is $2900 and back ordered. I Was driving last week and overheated. Put a gallon of coolant in since there was no sign of a leak. One week later overheated again and down a gallon again. Hence the shop. I’m concerned about
what may happen next. The only symptom I noticed now that I looked back was poor throttle response as if my turbo wasn’t working. That only lasted for a few days but probably has something to do with the cooler leak. I really love this truck and the fuel economy. Not sure whether to keep it or dump it for something else. Longhorn model wasn’t cheap . Not sure if I will even buy a dodge again..I have had 3 other rams with hemis and not a problem ever but too thirsty for the amount I drive.

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
Hi everybody. I have a 2016 eco diesel. 190,000 km. Just put truck In for repairs today. Leaking egr cooler. Part alone is $2900 and back ordered. I Was driving last week and overheated. Put a gallon of coolant in since there was no sign of a leak. One week later overheated again and down a gallon again. Hence the shop. I’m concerned about
what may happen next. The only symptom I noticed now that I looked back was poor throttle response as if my turbo wasn’t working. That only lasted for a few days but probably has something to do with the cooler leak. I really love this truck and the fuel economy. Not sure whether to keep it or dump it for something else. Longhorn model wasn’t cheap . Not sure if I will even buy a dodge again..I have had 3 other rams with hemis and not a problem ever but too thirsty for the amount I drive.

I would stop driving, if youre egr cooler is leaking, you're getting coolant in your intakes through the EGR and the truck is geting all sooted up with tar. Pull off your EGR diffuser tube (look that up on youtube, there's a great video) and check your MAP sensor, both interrelated to the problem you're having. If the tip of the diffuser tube is covered in black tar (wet, gooey), that's the coolant getting sucked into your throttle intakes, and going into the cylinders... Recipe for engine trouble.
If you can, stop driving it until the new cooler comes in... Easier said than done.. do you have another vehicle you could drive?

Side note- rather than paying for a new EGR cooler (is it covered under your warranty or is this out of your pocket?) - have you considered an EGR stage 2 delete kit and an engine tune to electronically shut off the egr? This way, you won't have this repeat problem. The egr coolers on these trucks are shit, and ask everyone on here, most have had it replaced already, hense the back-order issue you're having. I don't think RAM can keep up with the amt of egr coolers they have to produce to keep up with this ongoing leak!! Unless you're getting it under warantee, I wouldn't pay $2900 for a piece of shit that may not last. I'd just delete it.

I had mine replaced at no cost to me, but if the new one goes, I'm deleting it and not putting a new one back...

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Delete it and tune it. Then no more problems Canada gave up on their emissions didn't they?

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
Delete it and tune it. Then no more problems Canada gave up on their emissions didn't they?
depends which province, ontario scrapped the emmissions programme in april 2019, but who knows what's coming down the pipes... other provinces may have different rules..