• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How's do I get passed gateway security to clear codes I had to replace lower shutter grille and can't clear codes.

Tommy BLLC

Oct 8, 2022
Truck Year
How do I clear codes ? I had to replace lower grille shutter and have tried 2 types of bypass tools and keep getting the message I need to enter in my ID and password into my Topdon diagnostic scan tool. Can anyone help. I have a 2020 ecodiesel 5th generation

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You need the 4 digits security code, either get form the Dealer or use Alfa to get the code, and the OBD dongle to communicate with ALFA . https://alfaobd.com/

Tommy BLLC

Oct 8, 2022
Truck Year
Thanks that got me in, but I can't get the code to clear. P05AE,I replaced lower shutter, before I replaced I checked voltage and ground both good and all wiring looked great. Cleared code and comes right back without even starting vehicle.

Tommy BLLC

Oct 8, 2022
Truck Year
You need the 4 digits security code, either get form the Dealer or use Alfa to get the code, and the OBD dongle to communicate with ALFA . https://alfaobd.com/
Thanks with your advise and the things you suggested I bought the dongle you suggested and a cable set up Amazon suggested plugged straight into module and plugged dongle in that and got right in. Thanks. Weathered to let you know that the code I got was P050AE which is for lower ASG the one in front of the inter cooler. The one that is the hardest to replace. The dealer said if I had good voltage and ground that the shutter was bad, I replaced it and same problem and code. I did further research on it and found out that shutter works hand in hand with the lower air dam and of lower air dam is bad you will get code for lower shutter. The motor turned but the gears didn't do the computer only saw that the lower shutter wasn't responding. I unplugged the air dam then the lower shutter code was gone but code came up for air dam, so while engine was running crawled used and plugged in air dam I could feel and hear motor running but air dam stayed in up position. Replaced air dam and all lights out and codes gone..