• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I want to know if deleting the emissions system and removing the def system and the egr system if my truck will run better and last longer and get bet

jamesdarrell

Oct 17, 2022
Truck Year
M Will removing my egr and def system and reprogramming my 2018 ecodiesel improve?my fuel economy and engine life?

Greyboard 1956

Jul 21, 2022
Truck Year
I deleted my Ram ecodiesel 1500 (removed EGR, DEF, reprogrammed, etc.) earlier this year and here have been my results: fuel mileage (not towing) on the highway is up by about 2-3 mpg, averaging 26-27 mpg. Towing is where I’ve noticed the biggest difference. Before the delete, I was averaging 12-13 mpg, now it runs 16-17 mpg (21’ trailer at approx 5.5k pounds.) I also added a plug in tuner from Thoroughbred Diesel that gives me more horse power). As far as lasting longer, it should last longer as long as you are strict on maintenance upkeep. I’ve never had any issues with my ecodiesel and I love the thing to death. Hope this helps

Cotton

May 8, 2022
Truck Year
I deleted my Ram ecodiesel 1500 (removed EGR, DEF, reprogrammed, etc.) earlier this year and here have been my results: fuel mileage (not towing) on the highway is up by about 2-3 mpg, averaging 26-27 mpg. Towing is where I’ve noticed the biggest difference. Before the delete, I was averaging 12-13 mpg, now it runs 16-17 mpg (21’ trailer at approx 5.5k pounds.) I also added a plug in tuner from Thoroughbred Diesel that gives me more horse power). As far as lasting longer, it should last longer as long as you are strict on maintenance upkeep. I’ve never had any issues with my ecodiesel and I love the thing to death. Hope this helps
Do you get the "Exhaust filter 100% full" message on your screen? I deleted mine, but still get the message popping up.
I am seeing the same increase in mileage that you are. Takes discipline to keep my foot out of the throttle, but I can definitely feel the increase in horsepower.