• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Illinois Emissions

saucy36

Jun 24, 2021
Truck Year
Anyone from north central part of Illinois (Kane count)? Looking into doing a delete and tune. As of now I am pretty sure there are no emissions tests for diesels, I've had the truck less than a year (2014 model). Does anyone know if that might change in the next few years? trying not to damn myself in the future.
THANKS!

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
You can do a stage 1 & just tune it back stock for emissions test. With stage 1 EGR shut off you can leave the equipment intact & turned off.

saucy36

Jun 24, 2021
Truck Year
You can do a stage 1 & just tune it back stock for emissions test. With stage 1 EGR shut off you can leave the equipment intact & turned off.

would straight piping it cause any codes to flash or make it easy to tune it back to stock?

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Straight pipe after the DPF & SCR would allow a stock tune, but be of little benefit. To splve the problems inherent of smogged diesels you need to tune.