• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I'm new here; 2018 EcoDiesel owner

Sporty_rob

Feb 13, 2024
Truck Year
Purchased my 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel back in Sept. 2022 used from a Hyundai dealer in Orange, CA. It had 66k miles on it and got it for 36k. I purchased it for me and my family to travel in and have fun. I did not do my research like an idiot and after purchasing the truck, thats when I started to read all these issues with this Italian motor. The truck had a recall on it when I purchased it but the dealer said "Just go to the Ram dealer and they will fix it". Well, its 2024 now and still no part "High Pressure Fuel Pump" recall Z46.

Ive been to the Ram dealer for the crankshaft recall and that was completed. I'm very meticulous and take care of maintenance religiously. After doing oil changes every 5k miles, I notice the oil goes black quick. Nothing has happened to my truck so far but I've been looking around to sell it and because of the recall, my trade in value is a joke (20k) and can't sell it privatly wityhout screwing someone else over.

I love this truck but because I'm in California, I can't delete the stupid DEF system like most do in other states. Its bone stock still and the only issue Ive had is the "exhaust Filter 80% full" warning and just drove it until it cleared.

As you all know, it gets amazing gas milage and is a pleasure to drive. The reliability of it is concerning. How can Dodge ignore fixing the Z46 fuel pump recall for years? I currently have 79k miles on the truck. Been on many long trips and so far, no issues.IMG_3063.jpg