• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I'm no mechanic and the popular P24AE particulate code was a simple fix for me

2015RAMguy

May 21, 2020
Truck Year
On my 2015 with 107000 miles this code kept turning on the check engine light and I noticed the regeneration cycle was activating several times while on a road trip and the truck felt sluggish. I'd clear it with my code reader but it would come back after a few miles. I also had a permanent code I couldn't clear. I bought a DPF Cleaner Kit from Motor Power and injected it through the DEF injector port. When I pulled the injector, I noticed it was pretty clogged up with gelled DEF that may have been restricting its flow. My suspicion is this was causing the issue more than a clogged filter, but I'll never know for sure. Anyway, after cleaning the injector and adding the DPF cleaner foam all codes cleared, to include the permanent code. I've driven the truck about 500 miles since and still no code. Truck does appear to perform better as well.

This was a cheap and easy fix. Since the P24AE code is triggered by the Particulate Matter Sensor Circuit after measuring soot in exhaust after the DPF, issues can include several different components upstream, and any one of them may not be working correctly. I recommend starting with simply pulling and cleaning the DEF injector then squirting $20 worth of cleaner into the DPF before replacing more expensive items or going to a mechanic.