• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Intake manifold cleaner

Jan 31, 2022
Truck Year
I have the intake off of my 2016 ram eco diesel due to the dumb design of the turbo coolant hose splitting. Intake is really sooted up. Any cleaning advice on what works best. Safe on plastic

Polymers

Apr 3, 2021
Truck Year
Do you need to drain coolant in order to replace the turbo coolant line? I removed the original manifold today and want to change the hose before installing the new manifold. Was on the fence about tackling this job but with a little nudge from a well know member on here, I took the plunge. Glad I did.
Nasty Intake.jpg

Jan 31, 2022
Truck Year
Instead of replacing the line from Mopar I got a piece of power steering line and cut the clamps. Took the side off the block and slid it on. Everything is good now. Power steering line is made for high heat

Jan 31, 2022
Truck Year
The bigger hose that comes off the reservoir, I pulled the tube down and drained it in a bucket. I only lost a little bit after I took the hose off the block

Polymers

Apr 3, 2021
Truck Year
If you took the pictures with your cell phone, email them to yourself and reduce image size to small if/when asked.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
You need the ability. Any photo editing cell app or PC program can resize it. Resize to 50% for forum photos.

RobSchmidt

Jan 28, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2014 fully deleted and tuned, I notice my idle surging and yesterday I got. P200A code. Can I clean the intake without removing it?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I’d check your map sensor first. Easy enough to get to and a simple step before intake removal. If your going to remove the intake to clean it would be easier to just replace with new