• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

intake manifold issues

Krr

Oct 15, 2019
Truck Year
Hi members, l'm a newbie to this just joined tonight.
2018 Ecodiesel with 60,000 kms needs a EGR cooler and an intake manifold, with no ETA on part availability.
Truck is down till parts come in!!
Has anybody else had this issue?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Very Common, and it will happen again about the same KMs/Miles, if changes are not made.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Post # 3.

JPete

Sep 29, 2019
Truck Year
Mine has been in the shop since early Sept and supposedly the adapter for the EGR cooler will be in next week. Originally said mid December. After speaking with a few diesel techs I have decided to sell when it is fixed as about 2 gallons of antifreeze went through the intake and I guess that is very bad. Very disappointed as I really liked the truck but can't afford to have it out of service as it is my work truck. Probably going to a Hemi unless someone can advise me differently.

JPete

Sep 29, 2019
Truck Year
Seems easier said than done as all the delete and tune shops and sellers seem to have been shut down by the authorities.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
there r ouite a few left in Canada sofa king is in Vegas still doing them but I personally don't trust them

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Tuning won't change the swallowed 2 Gallons Sell ....

As for those products ( Product that violate CAA laws) entering the USA from Canada Have your affairs in Order , Not only X facing Civil Charges form the EPA, the criminal charge of making false representations to regulators has lengthy jail Time.

United States v. Gavin Rexer et al., No. 4:18-CR-00174 (M. D. Penn.), AUSAs Phillip J. Caraballo and Sean Camoni, and SAUSA Patricia C. Miller. On May 25, 2018, prosecutors charged five men for their involvement in a scheme to modify emissions systems with “defeat devices” on trucks to ensure the vehicles passed emissions’ testing. Gavin Rexer, Dennis Paulhamus, Timothy Sweitzer, Joseph Powell, and John Joseph, are charged with conspiracy to violate the Clean Air Act (18 U.S.C. § 371). According to the information, Rexer, Powell, and Joseph were employees of Rockwater Northeast LLC, a company that serviced the fracking industry. In the course of their employment, the three conspired to modify the emissions systems on approximately 30 Rockwater heavy-duty diesel trucks by using “defeat devices.” Paulhamus and Sweitzer allegedly sold them the devices, which were subsequently mislabeled and concealed in Rockwater’s books as “exhaust systems.” The conspirators also are accused of taking the modified commercial motor vehicles to state-approved inspection stations, including Sweitzer’s Garage, in order to pass inspections. This case was investigated by the U.S. EPA Criminal Investigation Division and the DOT’s Office of the Inspector General, with assistance from the Pennsylvania State Police.

JPete

Sep 29, 2019
Truck Year
My Dealer called today and said that my parts had come in and the truck would be ready this afternoon. When I called in the afternoon I was informed that the engine was throwing codes and it would not be ready till next week. I am throwing in the towel on this Ecodiesel as I do not want to deal with a hanger queen when I do get it back. Really liked the truck but having it in the shop for the last two months has left a bitter taste in my mouth. Back to a gasser as I just need a 1/2 ton. Thanks for all the info and suggestions.

gofishingup

Sep 2, 2019
Truck Year
TC DIESEL:
Good point, this is exactly what you can face personally if you modify the factory emission system on your vehicle. If you are a U.S. citizen and plan to go into Canada, I would not want to bring a diesel in that has had the emissions modified. They can raise hell with you and confiscate your vehicle. When you're in Canada, your in a foreign country and you deal with their laws.

Likewise, you get pulled over in California with a diesel truck that has had the emission system modified in your state. You can be in trouble if they want to make an issue about it in California. Just ask the semi drivers what issues they face in regard to emission systems as they drive across state lines. The Interstate Commerce Clause is suppose to provide protection but if you modify the emission standards set by the federal government, you can be in trouble.

Before anyone modifies these diesels, you really need to think of various scenarios that can cause problems. FCA has put everyone that has bought these diesels in a tough position, keep them "as is" and continue to have problems or tune them and be led to the diesel promise land of improved performance, improved power and improved gas milage, but you could find yourself in hot water for violating federal law. It's time for FCA to step up and take responsibility. For those that have had no problems, they will want to keep their diesels, for those like myself, they need to come up with a plan to buy these trucks back at a fair price, I have no faith in the longevity of the 3.0L diesel in my 2016 Dodge Bighorn.